TriStar Centennial Medical Center Nashville, TN Registered Nurse (RN) Sarah Cannon Cancer Center 4 North Post- Surgical Oncology - FT Nights
Our 657 bed hospital is both nationally and locally recognized, including being named as one of the nation's Top 100 Hospitals in the areas of cardiology, stroke, orthopaedics and breast cancer management. As a result of the continued advances in quality care, many improvements in all areas of healthcare have been made and thousands of lives have been significantly impacted. This position will play a key part in continuing our success!
The 4 North Post-Surgical Oncology floor at Sarah Cannon is a 27 bed unit, specially designed to offer an intimate environment, focused on healing and hope. Our team of specialists includes oncologists, surgeons, interventional radiologists, imaging technologists and a nurse navigator put together to provide comprehensive, patient-centered GI and Thoracic care.
The Complex GI Program
offers cutting edge radioembolization treatments such as Selective Internal Radiation Therapy, Chemo-embolization and Radio Frequency Ablation among others such as:
- Esophageal and Gastric Malignancies
- Retroperitoneal Sarcoma
- Complex Colon and Rectal
- Pancreatic Carcinom
- Hepatobiliary Carcinomas
- Neuroendocrine Tumors
The Thoracic Surgery Program
offers procedures to treat diseases of the lung and esophagus including lung cancer, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease(COPD), lung failure, esophageal cancer, Barrett esophagus, achalasia, thoracic outlet syndrome and hyperhidrosis. Common procedures include:
- Complex thoracic lung surgery
- Minimally invasive lung surgery
- Thoracic aneurysm
- Sternal reconstruction
- Demonstrates knowledge of human growth and development, assessment, range of treatment, and care of patients appropriate to the ages of patients served as per Scope of Service.
- Promotes customer service initiatives.
- Utilizes nursing process for individual care to meet needs of patients.
- Demonstrates ability to perform technical skills and procedures.
- Documents all patient care.
- Interpersonal skills to successfully interact with patients, guests, physicians, and other employees.
- Graduate of an accredited School of Professional Nursing
- Current licensure by Tennessee Board of Nursing
- Current BLS certification
*Bonus-eligible candidate will have at least one year of RN experience and may not be current HCA employee.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom