Las Palmas Medical Center offers comprehensive services and special expertise in Emergency Room Medicine (Level III Trauma), Cardiology, Women's Services, Labor & Delivery, Neonatal Intensive Care, Neuroscience, Pediatric care, and Wound Care Management. Las Palmas Medical Center is also the only Kidney Transplant Center in the Region. Las Palmas Rehabilitation Hospital is a separate facility with newly renovated patient rooms, exercise equipment and cafeteria. The physicians, nurses and staff at our 325-bed facility are committed to caring for our community with compassionate, quality healthcare.
We are located on the Westside of El Paso, Texas close to the University of Texas El Paso campus. We provide exceptional patient care services to the El Paso and Fort Bliss communities, as well as Southern New Mexico and West Texas Regions.
The RN Staff Nurse provides direct nursing care in accordance with established policies and procedures of Las Palmas Medical Center and the Texas Board of Nurse Examiners. In collaboration with the patient, the patient's family and other members of the Health Care Team, the Clinical RN assesses, plans implements, evaluates and coordinates treatment plans. The nurse provides professional nursing care to surgical patient utilizing the nursing process; collaborates and coordinates with other members of the Burn Wound team including physicians to deliver quality health care. Develops and maintains positive work relations with all internal and external customers.
Core competencies will be assessed primarily on the following patient population(s) served: acute medical/ surgical care of diseases and conditions including but not limited to: cardiovascular (cardiac medical only) pulmonary, neuron, GI, GU, GYN, skeletal/muscular, renal, ortho conditions and diseases including but not limited to: AMI, CAD, PVD, DM, COPD, CHF, shock, renal failure, metabolic disorders, etc.
Qualifications: REQUIRED LICENSURE/CERTIFICATIONS
- Demonstrates knowledge and application of the nursing process.
- Monitors and recognizes changes in the patient's behavioral and physiological status; takes appropriate action based on assessment.
- Utilizes professional skills and judgment in delivering and/or delegating care for a group of patients.
- Provides leadership and direction to all disciplines assigned to health care team.
- Provides for the smooth processing of patients into and out of the department.
- Responsible for the assignment of patients to nursing staff based on patient's acuity, priority and availability of staff.
- Plans and collaborates with other staff members and departments to prioritize surgical cases and prevent surgical delays.
- Responsible for following policies and procedures specific to the unit as well as the facility.
- Responsible for maintaining JCAHO Standards.
- Ability to perform well as a preceptor.
- Other duties as assigned.
- RN licensed in State of Texas
- BCLS certification
Texas RN License PREFERRED EDUCATION, LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
- RN licensed in State of Texas.
- BCLS certification.
- Prefer Medical Surgical experience.
- Minimum of 1 year of clinical practice in the clinical specialty of his/her unit.
- ACLS preferred
- Bilingual preferred