Del Sol Medical Center
is a Level II Trauma, 347 bed acute care TJC accredited hospital. Within our hospital campus, we also house an Inpatient, CARF accredited Rehabilitation Hospital. We are located on the Eastside of El Paso, Texas right off of Interstate 10. We provide exceptional patient care services to the El Paso and Fort Bliss communities, as well as Southern New Mexico and West Texas Regions.
To provide professional nursing care to patients utilizing the nursing process. To collaborate with other members of the health care delivery team including physicians, to deliver quality health care. POPULATION SERVED
Core competencies will be assessed primarily on the following patient population(s) served: Triage assess and treat patients of all ages presenting for emergency care for all body systems, conditions & diseases including but not limited to Coronary, Pulmonary, Neuro, Skeletal-muscular, GI/metabolic, GU/renal GYN, integumentary, etc.
Qualifications: REQUIRED LICENSURE/CERTIFICATIONS 1. Current RN licensure in Texas or compact state required 2. BCLS certification required . 3. ACLS and PALS required for those candidates with recent ED experience. Those candidates with no recent ED experience will have 6 months after hire to complete ACLS and PALS education/certification 4. TNCC required within 12 months of employment or transfer to the department 5. Successful completion of triage training within one year of employment 6. Certification and licenses must be renewed prior to expiration PREFERRED: 1. ENPC 2. Certified Emergency Nurse REQUIRED EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE 1. Diploma, ADN, BSN PREFERRED EDUCATION, LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES 1. BSN preferred 2. Acute care experience 3. Pre-hospital experience 4. Emergency department experience 5. Medical surgical nursing 6. Reads and writes Basic English with skills to interpret and execute physician orders required 7. Ability to listen empathize and respond to patient, family, internal and external partner needs
- Demonstrates knowledge and application of the nursing process
- Participates and cooperates in the unit based quality improvement process
- Supports, maintains and provides an environment which is supportive of quality patient care through effective use of resources and personnel
- Practices, develops, and endorses customer service skills in relationships with internal and external customers
- Serves as the patient and family advocate with respect to the patient's right to privacy by protecting confidential information
- Knowledgeable with 100% compliance with core measures in the emergency department (evidence based and best practice demonstrated)
- Knowledgeable with premium credit (best practice demonstrated)
- Documents patient assessment, patient care, interventions, and reassessment according to ED policy
- Provides excellent customer services following the philosophy of the hospital and ED with the guiding values in daily activities
- Plans and implements patient care and teaching based on a total assessment and the age of the patient
- Evaluates and documents patient response, monitors and recognizes changes in physiological and psychosocial status, takes appropriate action based on assessment of the patient
- Accompanies critical care transport to University Medical Center in accordance with physician orders and in compliance with EMTALA transfer guidelines should the need arise
- Other duties as assigned.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom