To provide professional nursing care to patients utilizing the nursing process. To collaborate with other members of the health care delivery team including physicians, to deliver quality health care.
POPULATION SERVED: Core competencies will be assessed primarily on the following patient population(s) served: Pre and intraoperative interventions, including but not limited to, vascular, neuro, thoracic, GI, GU, GYN, orthopedic, skeletal/muscular conditions and diseases,etc.
1. Demonstrates knowledge and application of the nursing process for PACU patients.
2. Monitors and recognizes changes in the patient's behavioral, neurological and physiological status and takes appropriate action
3. Administers and monitors the effects of medications, treatments and procedures performed on the patient.
4. Participates and cooperates in the unit base Quality Improvement processes.
5. Supports, maintains and provides an environment which is supportive of quality patient care through effective use of resources and personnel.
6. Practices, develops and endorses customer service skills in relationships with internal and external customers.
7. Serves as the patient and family advocate with respect to the patients right to privacy by protecting confidential information.
8. Plans and implements patient care and teaching based on a total assessment and the age of the patient.
9. Evaluates and documents patient response; monitors and recognizes changes in physiological and psychosocial status; takes appropriate action based on assessment of the patient.
10. Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED: (list required and preferred separately)
Minimum College Associate Degree or Diploma in Nursing.
LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION: (list required and preferred separately)
Current RN Licensure in Texas or multi-state privileges licensure (compact state)
Current ACLS (Exception: GN must obtain within six (6) months from date of hire or transfer into unit.)
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED OR PREFERRED: (list required and preferred separately)
Acute Care experience required. Critical Care or PACU experience preferred.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES:
Reads and writes basic English with the basic skills necessary to transfer physician's orders.
Ability to move in excess of 100 pounds, with assistance from other staff.
Knowledge of body substance isolation.
Ability to listen, empathize and respond to patient, family, internal and external partners needs.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom