Del Sol Medical Center is a Level II Trauma, 347 bed acute care TJC accredited hospital. Within our hospital campus, we also house an Inpatient, CARF accredited Rehabilitation Hospital. We are located on the Eastside of El Paso, Texas right off of Interstate 10. We provide exceptional patient care services to the El Paso and Fort Bliss communities, as well as Southern New Mexico and West Texas Regions.
The RN Staff Nurse provides direct nursing care in accordance with established policies and procedures of Del Sol Medical Center and the Texas Board of Nurse Examiners. In collaboration with the patient, the patient's family, and other members of the Health Care Team, the clinical RN assesses, plans, implements, evaluates and coordinates treatment plans.
Core competencies will be assessed primarily on the following patient population(s) served:
Rehabilitation medical/surgical diagnoses including but not limited to orthopedic, neuro, GI, GU/GYN, CVA/TIA, dysphagia, TBI, renal, metabolic, pulmonary systerms, and those requiring isolation precautions.
1. Clinical Role Model - Demonstrates an advanced level of clinical skills, rehabilitation nursing skills, and the
ability to support others to achieve the delivery of quality care.
2. Leadership - Demonstrates interpersonal skills and competency in leadership, supervision and management
3. Administrative - Demonstrates excellent skills in planning, organizing and managing personnel resources in
a cost effective and productive manner for the operational area of the nursing unit.
4. Customer Service - Demonstrates awareness of his/her unique position and method of dealing with customers.
Continuously strives to exceed customer's needs.
5. Successfully passes an annual Functional Independence Measure credentialing examination with a score
6. Other duties as assigned.
• Current RN licensure in Texas or compact state
• BCLS certification
• CRRN within 2 years of employment
• CRRN within 2 years of employment on the unit
• Minimum College: Associate Degree, Diploma in Nursing, or BSN.
PREFERRED EDUCATION, LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
• Attainment of CRRN or within two years working on the Inpatient Rehabilitation Unit the nurse will
take and pass the Certified Rehabilitation Registered Nurse examination.
• Reads and writes Basic English with the basic skills necessary to transfer physician's orders.
• Knowledge of body substance isolation.
• Ability to listen, empathize and respond to patient, family, internal and external partners needs.
• Uses the FIM instrument to assess patient functional level of independence throughout the
• Bilingual in English/Spanish preferred.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom