This position supports the mission of The Medical Center of Aurora and Centennial Medical Plaza of optimizing the quality of life of all those served by expanding beyond the traditional focus on medical needs to the needs of the whole person. The SDS/POH RN oversees and directs the care of the surgical patient. The SDS/POH RN is responsible for the care of patient in all-surgical specialties. Serves as primary nurse leading the collaboration of all disciplines for well-coordinated patient care. Oversees and directs the care of assistive personnel, maintaining final accountability for the care given to assigned patients. When the need arises, will perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
The Medical Center of Aurora and Centennial Medical Plaza expects our core values to be reflected in the way every employee interacts with co-workers, patients and family members, and with others in the community. The intent of these values is to assure that TMCA/CMP creates the environment where individuals choose to work, and that patient care services are of the highest quality.Qualifications: Day shift, 3-12 hour shifts1 opening shift starting at 0530 and 1 closing shift starting at 09001 Saturday on-call every 6 weeks (7a-7P). No holidays or weekends (except Saturday call day)Position Requirements: Licensure/Certification/Registration:
- Current licensure in the State of Colorado as a Registered Nurse or Multi-state RN license with Colorado RN license to be obtained within 90 days
- BLS - Healthcare provider required
- ACLS required
- PALS preferred
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing. BSN Preferred.
- One-year experience in acute care required.
- Ability to communicate effectively with patients, families, physicians, and other health care team members.
- Ability to manage a team and work with others within a team to ensure quality patient care.
- Strong critical thinking skills.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom