Medical City McKinney provides comprehensive emergency, diagnostic, medical and surgical services, including cardiovascular, orthopedics, neurosciences and women's and children's services. Since first opening our doors over 90 years ago, Medical City McKinney is a thriving 260-bed hospital continuing to lead the way of meeting and exceeding our growing community's healthcare needs by our commitment to change and innovation. We are proud our hospital is a Joint Commission Accredited Primary Stroke Center and is the first hospital in Dallas, Collin, Grayson and Fannin Counties to receive The Joint Commission's Certification for Total Hip and Total Knee Joint Replacement. We are also an Accredited Chest Pain Center by the Society of Chest Pain Centers. Medical City McKinney has built its name on providing area residents with exceptional healthcare that is both professional and personal. Our highly skilled physicians and staff members are focused on providing the most advanced and comprehensive healthcare available today...and for generations to come. Above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of human life.
In pursuit of our mission, we believe the following value statements are essential and timeless:
• We recognize and affirm the unique and intrinsic worth of each individual.
• We treat all those we serve with compassion and kindness.
• We trust our colleagues as valuable members of our healthcare team and pledge to treat one another with loyalty, respect and dignity.
• We act with absolute honesty, integrity, and fairness in the way we conduct our business and the way we live our lives.
Please visit our website at http://medicalcitymckinney.com/ to see for yourself why you should join our team.
We are proud to offer:
- Medical/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance Plans
- Paid Time Off
- Short Term & Long Term Disability
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Recognition Programs
- Discounted tickets at many local attractions
- Discounts to various retail stores and more.... Registered Nurse (RN)
Unit: OR / Operating Room / Surgical Services
Work Schedule: PRN (As Needed)- Flex hours
The OR/Surgical Services Registered Nurse - RN
is responsible for assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating the plan of care throughout the continuum. Can expect to care for infant, pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric patients. May perform and monitor conscious sedation, blood administration and evaluation of pain management. Directly involved in the plan of care for post-operative / post procedure patient. Provides supervision for surgical technician, orderly, anesthesia technician and student nurses.Qualifications: Required Job Qualifications include:
- Current Texas RN license
- Current BLS certification issued by the American Heart Association
- Current ACLS preferred and CNOR desired
- Surgical experience required
- Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing
- Customer service abilities including effective listening skills
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom