Wesley Medical Center
For more than 85 years, Wesley has helped welcome babies into the world. Wesley has been known as "The Baby Hospital" since opening Wichita's first "Mother's Room" in 1912. Our expertise has earned us a reputation as the premier hospital for obstetrical services, and is one of the most experienced and comprehensive medical centers in Kansas, delivering more than 500 babies per month -- more than any other hospital in our 13 state region.
With our 40 bed Level III NICU, Wesley Women's Hospital
is the regional referral center for high risk pregnancies. Wesley's BirthCare Center
is a facility especially designed for women who are expecting a low-risk birth, and is located adjacent to the main facility. Position Summary:
- Delivers patient-centered nursing care in accordance with standards of care defined by Wesley Medical Center.
- Systematically evaluates the quality and effectiveness of nursing practice by participation in quality of care activities to initiate, implement, and sustain process improvements.
- Acquires and maintains current knowledge in nursing practice and education.
- Monitors the patient's progress toward the attainment of outcomes.
- Contributes to the professional development of peers, colleagues and others.
- Collaborates with the patient, significant others and health care providers in providing and advocating for patient care.
- Considers safety and cost effectiveness when delivering patient care.
- Decisions and actions on behalf of patients are determined in an ethical manner.
- Participates in the improvement of operational functions of the department.
- Establishes and maintains effective and respectful communication in development of all collaborative relationships.
- Evaluates and participates in opportunities for outstanding service to all customers and accepts responsibility in partnership that is equally respectful to everyone.
- Demonstrates the ability to apply knowledge of age-appropriate competencies to department specific population.
- Ability to utilize critical thinking and problem solving skills to identify, interpret, and access appropriate resources in patient specific scenario(s).
- Secures, administers and handles medication according to established guidelines.
- Required Registration, Licensure or Certification
- Current Licensure in the State of Kansas as a Registered Professional Nurse (RN)
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) verification course, as specified in policy
- Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) verification course, as specified in policy (including Birth Care Center, Postpartum and Labor & Delivery)
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) verification course , as specified in policy- ( including Birth Care Center and Labor & Delivery)
- Sugar, Temp, Airway, BP, Emotional Support (S.T.A.B.L.E) verification course, as specified in policy
- Fetal Monitoring (IFMC) verification course, as specified in policy- (including Birth Care Center, Labor & Delivery and High Risk OB Oncology)
- Advanced Fetal Monitoring (AFM&A) verification course, as specified in policy- (including Birth Care Center, Labor & Delivery and High Risk OB Oncology)
- Chemotherapy & Biotherapy (ONS) - required if giving chemotherapy
- Required Education or Experience
- Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing
- Preferred Education or Experience
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing
- Required Knowledge and Skills
- Ability to utilize the nursing process in the provision of nursing care including, but not limited to, administering treatments and medications, interpreting diagnostic tests, formulating a plan of care, collaborating with other health care providers and providing education to patients and/or significant others.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively.
- Possess personal computer skills.
- Ability to multi-task, delegate and prioritize
- Possess problem-solving and critical thinking skills
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom