The Position is under the direct supervision of the Nurse Manager and the Supervisor of the Nursing Unit. According to hospital policies and procedures, the Staff Nurse assesses, plans, implements, and evaluates nursing care for assigned patients.
Wound Care at St. David's Medical Center features:
- Intensive, patient-centered wound treatment protocols
- Close coordination with referring physicians and specialists
- Staff specially trained in wound care, including debridement and infection control
- Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy
- Growth factor therapy
- Surgical treatment when medically indicated
- Patient education covering wound care, nutrition, exercise and prevention
Required: Graduation from an NLN school of professional nursing. Experienced RN only.
Preferred: Completion of or actively pursuing a BSN degree.
Required: Current license to practice as a Registered Nurse in Texas. Current certification from the American Heart Association as a BLS provider. Wound Care Certified.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom