Park Plaza & Plaza Specialty Hospitals - Houston, TX
Registered Nurse - Geriatric 9 South
Located adjacent to the Texas Medical Center, Park Plaza and Plaza Specialty Hospitals offer the convenience of a community hospital with two distinct purposes.Since 1975, Park Plaza has been offering complete medical services, including surgery as well as outpatient, imaging and rehabilitation. Plaza Specialy Hospital, a hospital within a hospital, has been providing long-term acute care to those needing prolonged hospitalization and recovery since 1994.Position Summary:
RN - Med Surg: Coordinates, supervises, and is accountable for professional nursing care of patients within an assigned department.
Qualifications: Required Education:
- Achieves professional goals set during previous evaluation period
- Applies the nursing process to a group of patients
- Participates and facilitates in the case management process and cost containment for patients
- Cooperates with others personnel to achieve department objectives and maintain good employee relations
- Demonstrates accountability to direct patient care and evaluation of patient outcomes
- Documents all aspects of patient care efficiently and effectively
- Assigns and/or delegates patient care assignments to licensed and non-licensed nursing staff, based on actual needs of the patient, staff availability and qualifications
- Demonstrates professional practice and conduct at all times
- Participates in Performance Improvement as appropriate
- Completes other duties as assigned
Graduate of an Accredited School of Nursing for the Registered Nurse, diploma/associates degree or higher.
RN License in state of Texas, BLS from the American Heart Association Health Care Provider. Six months to one year preferred, not required EKG Interpretation.Skills and Knowledge:
Ability to communicate with all customers both orally and written in a clear, professional and effective manner. Provides care of services for the following age group/groups: Adult(20 - 65 years) and Geriatric(65 years or older). This position may from time to time require that patients outside of the normal age group/groups be cared for. In this event the person should consult available resources to provide the appropriate care.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom