Registered Respiratory Therapist 12-hour shifts: 6:00a - 6:00p, Rotating Weekends
Medical City Arlington is a 382-bed full-service hospital located in the heart of the growing South Arlington area. There are well over 1,000 full-time and part-time nurses, therapists, technicians and other healthcare personnel that make up our team. Medical City Arlington is proud to be a leader in Dallas/Fort worth healthcare with nearly 600 highly skilled physicians who represent a wide variety of medical specialties. Together we form a team that is focused on high-quality care delivered safely in an environment filled with compassion and service.
The Registered Respiratory Therapist performs all respiratory services as they may relate to patient care/treatment with consideration for the age/condition of the patient.
- Assess, plan, evaluate and provide quality respiratory care to the patients in the hospital.
- Perform all aspects and treatment modalities as outlined by the National Board of Respiratory Care.
- Give proper reports during change of shift. Correctly document all care given and all equipment that is use.
- Operate blood gas analyzer, performing QC and daily maintenance; maintain QC and maintenance logs; analyze blood gas samples, and other duties as assigned by the supervisor, manager or director.
- All therapists are required to accept assignments for all areas of treatment for which they have been deemed and documented to be competent to perform patient care, including but not limited to ED, ICU, NICU, etc.
NICU experience preferred Licensure/Certification:
- Registered by the National Board of Respiratory Care (RRT) and licensed to practice in the state of Texas as a Respiratory Care Practitioner (RCP).
- Current Healthcare Provider BLS, ACLS issued by the American Heart Association required.
- Current NRP required.