West Houston Medical Center - Houston, TX Respiratory Therapist West Houston Medical Center
offers outstanding inpatient and outpatient healthcare services close to your home in west Houston. Built in 1985, our 278-bed acute care hospital is located on Richmond Avenue just east of Dairy Ashford. West Houston Medical Center
boasts a team of more than 1,000 people, including 500 physicians, who are committed to the care and improvement of human life. Our staff includes people from 33 countries and 39 states, a diversity which helps us relate to our equally diverse community.West Houston Medical Center
is currently looking for a Respiratory Therapist. Responsibilities:
- Perform diagnostic and therapeutic clinical procedures as defined in the Respiratory Care Services scope of clinical practice. Work performed in accordance with physician orders. Defined duties are performed in neonatal, pediatric and adult patient populations.
- Recognizes life threatening situations and initiates appropriate response.
- Perform CPR and bag- mask ventilation, adult, pediatric, and neonatal ventilation.
- Administer aerosolized medication via Intermittent Positive Pressure Breathing (IPPB), Intermittent Aerosol Therapy (IAT) and Metered Dose Inhaler (MDI).
- Perform pulse oximetry monitoring. Perform arterial blood gas punctures. Perform bedside pulmonary mechanics. Diagnostic cardiopulmonary procedures, EKGs and cardiac monitoring. Transport patients within the hospital. Verify physician orders. Assure correct set-up, safety and function of all equipment/ supplies necessary in the provision of patient care.
- Assure adherence to all infectious disease standards in the delivery of all patient care procedures.
- Understands pharmacological indications, dosages and response to adverse drug reactions. Makes patient care assessments according to accepted protocols. Provides education to patients, families, physicians, nursing and other members of the health care team.
- Monitors response to all therapy. Documents in the patient medical record. Communicates all pertinent clinical information Participates in quality improvement activities. Perform routine cleaning and maintenance of respiratory equipment.
- Completes other activities as assigned.
- Knowledge necessary to make appropriate clinical decisions and interactions relative to the specific age of a patient.
- Skills validation/certifications of competencies for the duties and responsibilities of this level.
- Must maintain annual skill requirements
- Must maintain annual safety/compliance requirements
- Must maintain Texas Department of Health annual license requirements for CEU's Customer service and communication expertise.
- Work involves contact with patients of all ages, family members, physicians, nursing, and all other members of the health care team.
- Work is performed in all areas of Hospital
- Work may require lifting or pushing in excess of 30 pounds.
- Work requires walking, climbing and bending.
- Completion of a 2 or 4 year AMA approved respiratory care program (Associates Degree or Bachelors) or currently enrolled in an AMA approved Respiratory Care Program, and registry eligible.
- Texas State Licensure (RCP)
- RRT by the National Association for Respiratory Care (NBRC) if graduate. Certification in Basic Life Support (BLS), and Advance Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) any other applicable certifications applicable to the institution.
- CPR, ACLS, PALS, NRP - must be American Heart
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom