Respiratory Therapist Full Time Nights: 7pm - 7am
Performs respiratory care procedures in the acute and critical care areas of the facility. Also responsible for P.O.C. Testing, arterial punctures, blood gas analysis, and QC on the blood gas equipment.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES Included but not limited to:
- Respiratory Assessment/Reassessment/Care Plan for Respiratory Patients
- Ventilator Management
- Bi-pap/C-pap management
- Nebulizer/MDI treatments
- Oxygen therapy
- PEP Therapy
- Blood Gases (includes interpretation)
- Home O2 evaluations
- Associates Degree required. Bachelor's Degree preferred.
Licenses, Registrations and/or Certifications
- Minimum 2 years critical care experience. Minimum 1 year NICU experience
- Registered Respiratory Therapist with current Texas RCP license.
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) upon hire.
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) and Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) required within 90 days.
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS), required within 120 days of hire.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom