Registered Respiratory Therapist - FT - Nights (weekends rotate)
Overland Park Regional Medical Center is one of the premiere medical facilities in Johnson County. The hospital is a licensed 343-bed facility offering acute and outpatient medical care services to the Overland Park community and the surrounding areas since December of 1978. The hospital campus features four medical office buildings, two pharmacies and the offices of more than 100 physicians.
Our services include Emergency Services, a Regional Trauma Center, an Accredited Chest Pain Center, The Women's Center with Level IIIB NICU, the Human Motion Institute, advanced diagnostic imaging, a Diabetes Center and many other specialty care services. We offer the latest in technological advances and we are committed to providing every patient with the highest level of care in an environment where people, compassion, community and integrity are valued. RRT Responsibilities:
- Under the general direction of the Manager or Supervisor, performs diagnostic and therapeutic procedures ordered by a physician.
- Duties include medical gas administration, aerosol therapy, obtaining and analyzing blood specimens, performing patient testing , operating and maintaining various types of respiratory and cardiopulmonary equipment, providing mechanical ventilation, maintaining artificial airways, assisting with cardiopulmonary resuscitation, providing patient education, monitoring equipment and patient response to therapy.
- Additional responsibilities include completing documentation in patient and departmental records, cleaning equipment, and maintaining safety and infection control practices.
- Associates Degree, graduate of an AMA accredited Respiratory Therapy program.
- Must be registered with the National Board for Respiratory Care as an Advanced Respiratory Care Practitioner; must be licensed within the State; have current CPR affirmation; must maintain certain clinical competencies required by JCAHO or the Department, appropriate to the level of service provided; above average interpersonal skills; basic computer skills.
- One year of recent clinical experience
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom