Provide fundamental client support in all phases of operational service and account maintenance. Provide daily processing support for transaction business request to support the internal and external client.
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Review new account forms for accuracy and completeness.
• Distribute new account documents and required notifications to clients.
• Accurately transmit and receive administrative messages and other communications between the branch and New York Departments, Exchanges, and other branch offices.
• Process securities, ensuring good delivery and accurate processing. Enter trades accurately.
• Process checks for Management signature.
• Prepare and process trade corrections, maintain necessary records for compliance. Perform weekly follow-up on missing documents.
• Assist Financial Advisors and support staff with questions regarding documentation and account title formatting.
• Maintain account files, keeping filing of documents current. Maintain file for order tickets, by month.
• Maintain accurate records for securities and transfers.
• Process account transfers and follow-up on status of transfer requests. Cooperate with branch cross-training requirements
• Advise Management and Financial Advisors of money and securities due each morning.
• Verify Trade Confirmations report at the start of day against previous day's order tickets. Provide daily inventory of securities, ensuring compliance with regulations.
• Evaluate margin requirements and advise Management and Financial Advisor of necessary responses.
• Prepare monthly reports (Monthly Insurance, Prepayment, etc.) Distribute messages to proper individuals.
• Organize day's work at close of business, for Management signature/approval.
Education and/or Experience
• High School Diploma/Equivalency.
• 2 or more years of industry experience preferred.
• Active Series 7 and 66 (or 63 and 65).
• Be authorized to work in the U.S. without restriction as to duration. Pass a background check.
• Pass any applicable pre-employment tests.
EOE committed to diversifying its workforce.
A little about us:
Since its founding in 1935, Morgan Stanley and its people have helped redefine the meaning of financial services.