Las Palmas Medical Center is a Level III Trauma, 186-private patient room, full service acute care hospital. Las Palmas Medical Center offers comprehensive healthcare and provides leading-edge technologies. Our Lifecare Center offers inpatient and outpatient rehabilitation programs, as well as our fully equipped fitness and wellness center in one convenient location. We also house the region's only Kidney Transplant Center.
We are located on the Westside of El Paso, Texas close to the University of Texas El Paso campus. We provide exceptional patient care services to the El Paso and Fort Bliss communities, as well as Southern New Mexico and West Texas Regions.
The diagnostic Sonographer is a skilled person qualified by academic and clinical training to provide patient services using diagnostic ultrasound under the supervision of a physician responsible for the use and interpretation of ultrasound procedures. The Sonographer may be involved with the patients of the physicians in any medical setting of which the physician is responsible.
Core competencies will be assessed primarily on the following patient population(s) served: Cardiovascular, GI, GU, GYN conditions and diseases including but not limited to: cholecystitis, BPH, oncology, uterine fibroids, fetal ultrasound, etc.
Qualifications: REQUIRED LICENSURE/CERTIFICATIONS
- Check the physician's requisition for complete information on the procedure requested; refer any questions to the Radiologist before performing the procedure.
- Reviews the patient's chart to obtain pertinent clinical history, correlative test results, and laboratory data.
- Position the patient for examination, explain the procedure, and give necessary instructions for carrying out the procedure.
- Operate ultrasound equipment to its full capability with knowledge of an A-mode, M-mode, B-mode, Doppler, and real time techniques, selecting the proper transducer frequency and diameter for performance of the examination.
- Capable of recognizing a diagnostic quality scan as well as artifacts from anatomic/pathologic structures that are visualized on the oscilloscope.
- Processes images to the PACS.
- Demonstrates Customer Service/Service Plus principles and behaviors appropriately.
- Other duties as assigned.
Registered by the ARDMS, ARRT (S) in at least one modality
Current CPR certification REQUIRED EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE
High School Graduate PREFERRED EDUCATION, LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
- Two-years experience/training in diagnostic ultrasound in at least two specialty areas, examples; abdomen and Ob/Gyn.
- Extensive experience with available Ultrasound equipment in terms of product evolution, troubleshooting and quality control
- Must be mature and responsible, able to use initiative and independent judgment when necessary, and capable of working without supervision within guidelines established by the director of the division. Self-motivation with regard to increasing one's level of understanding and knowledge of the field is important, as is a background that will qualify one to teach diagnostic ultrasound.
- Knowledge of ultrasound techniques should be thorough. The general Sonographer should have current knowledge of neurology, abdominal, obstetric, and gynecologic applications. One year of hands-on experience in at least two specialty areas, after completion of the program, will be required.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom