Registrar for Presbyterian/ St Luke's Medical Center - PRN
Company: Hospital Corporation of America
Location: Denver, Colorado
Posted: December 20, 2017
Reference ID: 08648-142777
Parallon is seeking a self-motivated individual for our Registrar position at Presbyterian/ St. Luke's Medical Center. This is an as needed position.
Job Summary - The Registrar is responsible for timely and accurate patient registration. Interviews patients for all pertinent account information and verifies insurance coverage.
Duties (included but not limited to):
• Interview patients at workstation or at bedside to obtain all necessary account information. Bed-side registration performed utilizing carts/computers on wheels
• Follow AIDET guidelines in all interactions with the patient
• Provide exemplary Customer Service
• Ensure charts are completed and accurate
• Verify all insurance and obtain pre-certification/authorization
• Calculate and collect patient liability amounts
• Ensure that all necessary signatures are obtained for treatments
• Answers any questions and explains policies clearly
• Process patient charts according to paperwork flow needs and established productivity standards
• Welcome patient and family members in a professional manner. Contact the nursing staff for emergency medical needs and answer patient and visitor questions
• Interview incoming patients, his/her relatives, or other responsible individuals to obtain identifying and demographical information with insurance and financial information
• Assign Insurance Plans (IPlans) accurately
• Search MPI completely and assign the correct medical record number. Notify HIM for any duplicate unit numbers
• Verify insurance benefits and determines pre-certification/authorization status via on-line or other resources. If pre-certification/authorization/notification of admission is required and has not been obtained, initiate via Passport, on-line or phone call. - Enter all information and authorization/referral numbers into the registration system.
• Secure all signatures necessary for treatments, release of medical information, assignment of insurance benefits, and payment of services from legally responsible parties. Obtain copies of necessary identification and insurance cards.
• Understand/explain policies regarding services, pricing, insurance billing, and payment of account. Request full or partial payment for services rendered according to collection policies.
• Follows all guidelines set forth in the Cash Handling policy. Produce paperwork on each patient for distribution to appropriate departments.
• Cross-trained to register patients in any registration area
• Work with physician offices and ancillary departments, providing information when necessary or forwarding relevant documents
• Scan appropriate order in Front Office Scanning.
• Escort patient to his/her destination or refers patient to an available transporter
• Activate all pre-registered patients that have reported for service
• Meets/exceeds performance expectations and completes work within the required timeframe.
• Practice and adhere to the "Code of Conduct" philosophy and "Mission and Value Statement"
• Other duties as assigned
High school diploma or GED required.
One year of related experience required.
CERTIFICATE/LICENSE - N/A