Parallon is seeking a self-motivated individual for our Registrar position at Presbyterian/ St. Luke's Medical Center. This is an as needed position.
Job Summary - The Registrar is responsible for timely and accurate patient registration. Interviews patients for all pertinent account information and verifies insurance coverage.
Duties (included but not limited to):
• Interview patients at workstation or at bedside to obtain all necessary account information. Bed-side registration performed utilizing carts/computers on wheels
• Follow AIDET guidelines in all interactions with the patient
• Provide exemplary Customer Service
• Ensure charts are completed and accurate
• Verify all insurance and obtain pre-certification/authorization
• Calculate and collect patient liability amounts
• Ensure that all necessary signatures are obtained for treatments
• Answers any questions and explains policies clearly
• Process patient charts according to paperwork flow needs and established productivity standards
• Welcome patient and family members in a professional manner. Contact the nursing staff for emergency medical needs and answer patient and visitor questions
• Interview incoming patients, his/her relatives, or other responsible individuals to obtain identifying and demographical information with insurance and financial information
• Assign Insurance Plans (IPlans) accurately
• Search MPI completely and assign the correct medical record number. Notify HIM for any duplicate unit numbers
• Verify insurance benefits and determines pre-certification/authorization status via on-line or other resources. If pre-certification/authorization/notification of admission is required and has not been obtained, initiate via Passport, on-line or phone call. - Enter all information and authorization/referral numbers into the registration system.
• Secure all signatures necessary for treatments, release of medical information, assignment of insurance benefits, and payment of services from legally responsible parties. Obtain copies of necessary identification and insurance cards.
• Understand/explain policies regarding services, pricing, insurance billing, and payment of account. Request full or partial payment for services rendered according to collection policies.
• Follows all guidelines set forth in the Cash Handling policy. Produce paperwork on each patient for distribution to appropriate departments.
• Cross-trained to register patients in any registration area
• Work with physician offices and ancillary departments, providing information when necessary or forwarding relevant documents
• Scan appropriate order in Front Office Scanning.
• Escort patient to his/her destination or refers patient to an available transporter
• Activate all pre-registered patients that have reported for service
• Meets/exceeds performance expectations and completes work within the required timeframe.
• Practice and adhere to the "Code of Conduct" philosophy and "Mission and Value Statement"
• Other duties as assigned
High school diploma or GED required.
One year of related experience required.
CERTIFICATE/LICENSE - N/A
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom