Registrar Oncology- (CTR) Certified Tumor Registrar Required
Company: Hospital Corporation of America
Location: Richmond, Virginia
Posted: May 19, 2017
Reference ID: 00448-37700
Henrico Doctors' Hospital is a 340-bed community hospital offering a full range of healthcare services. We specialize in heart and stroke care, women's health, orthopedics and groundbreaking diagnostic imaging. We're also a national trendsetter in kidney transplants through the Virginia Transplant Center and as part of the Virginia Institute of Robotic Surgery, we lead the state in minimally-invasive procedures with da Vinci robotic-assisted surgeries.
SPECIFIC ELEMENTS AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
1. Completes abstracting on all cancer patients and enters data into Cancer Registry computer system according to American College of Surgeons Standards.
2. Prepares abstracts to State of Virginia and NCBD as required.
3. Prepares and maintains information for ongoing accreditation by American College of Surgeons (ACoS).
4. Attends Cancer Registry Continuing Education Program according to the ACoS survey guidelines.
5. Assists Cancer Registry Manager with tumor board coordination and planning.
6. Seeks opportunities to improve professional skills and departmental operations.
7. Assists with other Cancer Center duties as assigned.
Required - One year previous Cancer Registry experience.
Preferred - One year of previous Cancer Registry experience with medical office experience.
Required - CTR certification