Parallon is seeking a self-motivated individual to work as a PRN Registrar for Centennial Medical Plaza. This is an as-needed position. Must be flexible to work days, evenings, nights and weekends. Must also be available to attend one full day of orientation, and four full days of off-site training.
As a Registrar you will be responsible for (but not limited to):
• Interviewing patients at workstation or bedside to establish patient accounts, verify insurance coverage, obtain pre-certifications and necessary signatures for consents.
• Explaining policies regarding services, charges, insurance billing, and payment of account.
• Calculate and collecting patient liable amounts.
• Answering questions of patients and family members; work with physicians, ancillary departments, and business office to provide necessary information and documents.
• Price, key and detail patient charges.
• You must follow Medical Center policies, procedures and Code of Conduct.
Must have strong customer service/organizational skills, and the ability to work in a fast-paced team environment.
Must have a high school diploma or GED.
Must have at least 1 year of customer service experience.
Must be able to pass a pre-employment typing test.
Previous experience in healthcare or medical office setting preferred.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom