Registrar for North Suburban Medical Center - PRN
Company: Hospital Corporation of America
Location: Thornton, Colorado
Posted: November 15, 2017
Reference ID: 08648-141206
Parallon is seeking a self-motivated individual to work as a PRN Registrar for North Suburban Medical Center. This is an as-needed position. Must be flexible to work days, evenings, nights and weekends. Must also be available to attend one full day of orientation, and four full days of off-site training.
As a Registrar you will be responsible for (but not limited to):
• Interviewing patients at workstation or bedside to establish patient accounts, verify insurance coverage, obtain pre-certifications and necessary signatures for consents.
• Explaining policies regarding services, charges, insurance billing, and payment of account.
• Calculate and collecting patient liable amounts.
• Answering questions of patients and family members; work with physicians, ancillary departments, and business office to provide necessary information and documents.
• Price, key and detail patient charges.
• You must follow Medical Center policies, procedures and Code of Conduct.
Must have strong customer service/organizational skills, and the ability to work in a fast-paced team environment.
Must have a high school diploma or GED.
Must have at least 1 year of customer service experience.
Must be able to pass a pre-employment typing test.
Previous experience in healthcare or medical office setting preferred.