Support projects and operations with strategic planning, permitting, regulatory interpretation, compliance analysis, advocacy, operational controls and studies associated with waste, chemical management and Underground Injection Control (UIC) issues.Key accountabilities
- Interpret hazardous waste, solid waste and UIC regulatory requirements into compliance guidance for projects, operations, and wells.
- Coordination and consultation with relevant regulatory agencies. This includes preparation of all permit applications, as well as all requests for regulatory approvals or interpretations.
- Reviewing waste non-compliances to determine corrective and preventive actions, and communicating learnings to operations.
- Submittal of waste, chemical management monitoring data and reports per permit or regulatory requirements.
- Regular regulatory applicability reviews and monitoring of emerging statutes or regulations.
- Support to projects in risk assessment and developing permitting strategies and schedules.
- Collaborate with operations and field environmental staff on best waste management practices.
- Overseeing contractor resources who are engaged in studies, permitting, technical regulatory review, data management, or logistics support.
- Develop and maintain compliance assurance tasks in Compliance Task Manager (CTM) in consultation with operations; verify that compliance tasks have been appropriately completed.
- Developing training to assure compliance task owners are competent.
- Support Environmental and Compliance Manager in regulatory advocacy (representing BPXA in BP America, AOGA, and API), or other regulatory initiatives where needed.
- Support Environmental Team Leaders in strategic planning to manage current and future environmental risks and liabilities.
- Track waste/recycling budget and provide updates to Environmental Team Leader where requested.
- Oversee management of contracts with waste management and recycling contractors.
- Regulatory accountability for RCRA plus shared accountability for CERCLA and EPCRA.
Bachelor's degree in environmental policy, environmental science, engineering, geology or related areas.Essential experience and job requirements
Other Requirements (e.g. Travel, Location)
- Strong compliance background.
- Minimum 10 years' experience in waste issues.
- Strong knowledge of RCRA and working knowledge of CERCLA and EPCRA.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with local, State and federal agencies.
- Ability to investigate incidents, efficiently determine probable root cause, recommend SMART corrective/ preventative actions and to evaluate trends indicating systemic issues.
There are no additional requirements. Please respond with N/A below.Desirable criteria & qualifications
- Advanced education related to essential technical knowledge, project management or collaboration skills.
- Alaska North Slope experience.
- Advanced working knowledge of CERCLA I EPCRA.
- Certified Hazardous Material Manager (CHMM) certification a plus
Yes - up to 25%Is this a part time position?
BP is one of the world's leading international oil and gas companies. Through our work we provide customers with fuel for transportation, energy for heat and light, lubricants to keep engines moving, and the petrochemicals products used to make everyday items as diverse as paints, clothes and packaging. Our objective is to create value for shareholders and supplies of energy for the world in a safe and responsible way. We strive to be a safety leader in our industry, a world-class operator, a responsible corporate citizen and a good employer.
Our Upstream segment is responsible for our activities in oil and natural gas exploration, field development and production, and midstream transportation, storage and processing.
At the same time, we're investing in the talents of the 20,000 people who work to make these activities a reality.Segment
[ "27-Nov-2017" ]
A little about us:
One of the world's leading international oil & gas companies, BP employs over 80,000 talented minds in 80 countries, fostering innovation & diversity.