At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $30 billion in sales, our 90,000 employees connect with customers all around the world.
3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas.
Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.Job Description:3M is seeking a Regulatory Affairs Specialist for the Traffic Safety and Security Division (TSSD) located in Maplewood MN. At 3M, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter. Here, you go.
The person hired for the position of Regulatory Affairs Specialist will be responsible for regulatory affairs and human factors activities in support of current products as well as the development and commercialization of new products in TSSD's reflective materials business. Core portfolios include sign sheeting, conspicuity tape, license plate sheeting, and pavement markings. Primary Responsibilities
include but are not limited to the following:
- Serving as a subject-matter expert in global standards & specifications related to retroreflective product portfolios for internal and external stakeholders.
- Coordinating TSSD's global standards & specifications initiatives related to retroreflective product portfolios.
- Connecting global standards requirements to 3M manufacturing process capabilities and performance of competitive products.
- Participating in the development and revision of standards through the generation of data and technical input.
- Advise TSSD business team on the available literature, as well as ongoing and upcoming signing, conspicuity, license plate, pavement marking research projects (human factors, visibility, etc.) to support business and NPI needs.
- Provide leadership for funded external research programs (write proposals, supervise research contracts, etc.).
- Provide human factors based support statements for helping business team with competitive positioning, creating value proposition, and customer performance-related questions on retroreflective products.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree or higher from an accredited university
- Minimum of two (2) years' experience working with optical technologies
- Minimum of two (2) years' statistics and data analysis experience
- Masters or higher in Human Factors, Optics, Physics, or relevant Engineering discipline from an accredited university
- Research experience in human factors or related subject
- Previous experience with standards-setting process (ASTM or similar).
- Experience in 3M adhesive, film, coating, extrusion and microreplication technologies
- Strong communication skills and a demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with multiple disciplines, functions and organizations
: Maplewood, MNTravel:
May include up to 15% domestic/internationalRelocation:
Learn more about 3M's creative solutions to the world's problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M or @3MNewsroom.
Please access the linked document by clicking here , select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.
A little about us:
Innovation is a way of life at 3M. We solve problems by applying creativity, team work and ingenuity to improve life for millions of people worldwide.