Officer - Quality Assurance over Regulatory Reporting
The Financial and Regulatory Assurance (FRA) group is a second line of defense group in the Controller's Organization within Corporate Finance. The Regulatory Assurance team is responsible for the independent verification of controls and processes over global regulatory reporting, including Basel, CCAR and RRP, and areas of high risk and enhanced regulatory focus. The primary focus of the team is the review and assessment of the quality of information pertaining to reporting and compliance with relevant regulations and the assessment of relevant risk management programs. The team works closely with other functions across Finance, Global Treasury, Risk Management and Business Units, as well as other assurance functions. This is an opportunity to join a growing group and actively participate in its development and maturity, to learn about key current regulatory requirements and gain an understanding of all areas of the company's business.
Key responsibilities :
- Assisting with risk assessments to identify areas requiring detailed testing
- Participate in QA reviews, including assessing the internal control environment by conducting walkthroughs, developing testing strategies and performing control and sample data testing
- Challenge, assess and detail test the design and operating effectiveness of key controls
- Document testing results in work papers
- Assist in the identification and risk assessment of issues
- Develop process and control improvements to remediate exceptions identified
- Work with management to track issues to resolution
- Develop subject matter expertise in regulatory requirements, best practices and expectations
- Build relationships with key business stakeholders
- Provide updates to management as needed
- Bachelors' degree in accounting, finance or a related field
- CIA, CPA or CFA certifications or candidates preferred
- 4-6 years of Audit, Risk or Compliance experience, preferably at a large financial institution
- Knowledge of banking products and services, especially loans, deposits, securities and derivatives
- Understanding of current accounting and regulatory reporting principles and policies, particularly FR Y-14, FFIEC 101, FR Y-9C and the Call Report.
- Understanding and appreciation of the internal control environment.
- Must be proactive and goal oriented strategic thinker, with ability to identify creative solutions
- Staying current with evolving industry and regulatory changes and analyzing impact to external reporting process and compliance.
- Good interpersonal, oral and written communication skills; ability to effectively challenge and influence
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to multi-task and take on a challenging workload and assignments
A little about us:
We hire veterans to help us transform--improve and innovate--the way we run our business to face industry challenges head-on.