About TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank®
TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank, is one of the 10 largest banks in the U.S., providing more than 8 million customers with a full range of retail, small business and commercial banking products and services at approximately 1,300 convenient locations throughout the Northeast, Mid-Atlantic, Metro D.C., the Carolinas and Florida. In addition, TD Bank and its subsidiaries offer customized private banking and wealth management services through TD Wealth®, and vehicle financing and dealer commercial services through TD Auto Finance. TD Bank is headquartered in Cherry Hill, N.J. To learn more, visit www.tdbank.com. Find TD Bank on Facebook at www.facebook.com/TDBank and on Twitter at www.twitter.com/TDBank_US .
TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank, is a member of TD Bank Group and a subsidiary of The Toronto-Dominion Bank of Toronto, Canada, a top 10 financial services company in North America. The Toronto-Dominion Bank trades on the New York and Toronto stock exchanges under the ticker symbol "TD". To learn more, visit www.td.com . Department Overview The Legal Department of TD Bank Group is comprised of lawyers and support staff of approximately 300 employees in Canada and the US with expertise tailored to deliver integrated legal solutions to our global business units and corporate functions. We are committed to delivering the highest level of expertise, service, responsiveness and flexibility to our clients by
• Understanding our clients' business legal and regulatory requirements
• Anticipating emerging issues and providing flexible responses based on experience
• Providing advice that protects the Bank's reputation and mitigates legal risk Job Description The Counsel provides legal advice and support to management in Corporate Group Functions and Business units. Functions as a legal advisor & resource in one or more defined subject matters and/or specific businesses. Provides legal advice to the organization, prepares documents, resolutions, forms and pleadings, and participates in major legal actions. Responsible for foreseeing and protecting the company against legal risks. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Job Requirements • Demonstrates highest professional ethical and behavioral standards, and complies with all applicable Bar Rules and Codes of Professional Responsibility.
• Prevents and/or resolves conflicts with the team; encourages and empowers others.
• Assists in the management of expenditures for outside counsel.
• Reduces expenses in providing internal legal advice.
• Advises lines of business on practices that help minimize legal and litigation risk.
• Resolves most situations where conflicts arise between the needs and desires of specific business units and the interests of the company without requiring intervention of more senior lawyers.
• Inspires the confidence of clients by clearly understanding the client's role with the Company and considers the practical business implications of legal advice.
• Identifies relevant facts; gathers relevant information from appropriate resources; evaluates the reliability of information obtained.
• Knows relevant substantive law; identifies legal issues for business units and formulates relevant legal strategies.
• Leads in complex and sensitive negotiations; considers the long-term consequences and coaches clients towards protecting the Company's interest.
• Provides advice in ambiguous situations; identifies and reduces future legal risks; identifies and takes action on future opportunities.
• Anticipates client needs; deals with complex legal issues; delivers difficult messages without jeopardizing client relationships. Qualifications o Bachelor's degree required
o JD from accredited law school required
o 5+ Years of related experience
o Admission to appropriate State Bar in good standing and licensed to practice law in the State
o Basic understanding of banking/financial services operations and issues
o Ability to simplify, problem solve, multitask and work effectively against deadlines
o Integrity and high moral standards
o Strong negotiation and conflict resolution skills
o Strong legal research and analysis skills
o Detail oriented
o Must be able to apply legal knowledge to the business
o Ability to exercise sound judgment
o Excellent oral and written communication skills
o Strong teamwork and client skills
o Highly motivated
• Extensive experience with federal consumer credit laws and regulations, such as Truth in Lending Act, Reg. Z, Equal Credit Opportunity Act, Reg. B, Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, Fair Credit Reporting Act, E-sign Act, Reg. E, ACH rules, Service members Civil Relief Act and Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act.
• General familiarity with state retail installment sales (preferably relating to motor vehicle financing), data security, privacy, and consumer collections. Travel % Up to 10% Inclusiveness
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live in and serve, and creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach her/his potential.
If you have a disability that requires an accommodation to complete the application process, please e-mail TD Bank's HR Compliance Department at email@example.com. Please include your full name, contact information and details about your request within the e-mail.
EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
**Province/State (Primary) Michigan City (Primary) Farmington Hills ProvState 2 New Jersey City(s) 2 Mount Laurel ProvState 3 Maine City(s) 3 South Portland
A little about us:
TD Bank is creating and sustaining a diverse and inclusive workplace that reflects the people, cultures and languages of the communities we serve.