Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Operations is one of the largest divisions in the firm and has diverse responsibilities, including correctly settling and recording millions of transactions per day, identifying and mitigating all operational risks, developing strong client relationships and partnering with technology to realize the full potential of IT and e-solutions. Throughout, the Operations department continually seeks ways to improve while actively supporting the development of new businesses, structures and markets.
Global Wealth Management Operations provides brokerage, investment and financial services to hundreds of thousands of individual investors. We apply our expertise in serving institutional clients to create new opportunities for people to achieve their personal financial goals. Morgan Stanley has one of the largest retail brokerage networks, with numerous worldwide representatives and retail locations. Our services are tailored to each client's investment objectives, risk tolerance, and financial needs. Products include mutual funds, stocks, bonds, and alternative investments where appropriate, as well as banking, mortgages, insurance and annuities.
The Purchase & Sales (P&S) Analyst/Associate is a member of the Core Processing team for Morgan Stanley Smith Barneys Global Wealth Management Group. The analyst performs a variety of trade clearance, confirmation and reconciliation tasks.
Duties will vary but will generally focus on the following assignments:
- Hands-on ownership of certain processing tasks including
- Analyze, identify and document trade discrepancies in break monitor or on the exception reports
- Communicate trade discrepancies to the trading desks
- Perform street side corrections utilizing DTCC clearing systems
- Communicate with contra brokers to resolve questioned trades
- Utilize various internal applications to adjust trade details
Perform process assurance and quality control tasks:
- Utilize NSCC important notices to maintain the firm's master broker file
- Prepare trade status and volume reports
- Intermediate understanding of trade execution, confirmation and processing from a financial services operational perspective
- Strong end-user computing skills, with emphasis on Excel. Basic to intermediate skills with MS Access is a plus
- Excellent analytical and quantitative skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills to support interactions with a range of internal contacts (through officer level) and external parties, and to support preparation of various management reports
- Superior self-management and time management skills; ability to work independently
Skills desired for the position:
- Advanced subject matter expertise in purchase and sales, including knowledge of trade processing routines, systems, and methods
- Reconciliation experience
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills with the capability of importing data from an alternative application to a desired application for management presentations: charts, time series, etc.
- Ability to draft project proposals
A little about us:
Since its founding in 1935, Morgan Stanley and its people have helped redefine the meaning of financial services.