Medical City Lewisville
PRN (As Needed)
Under the direct supervision of the therapist or therapist assistant, performs direct patient care (patient transport, treatment administration, etc.) of adolescent to geriatric patients (occasional pediatrics in wound care and orthopedic management) for which they have been adequately trained. Assists with inventory/stocking of supplies to prevent shortages, inventory/ maintenance/cleaning of equipment to ensure good/safe working order. Assists with other tasks to maintain a clean, safe, functional department.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Participates in hospital or departmental performance improvement activities.
• Perform special assignments as needed/requested.
• Serves as a clinical resource to department staff, students, volunteers and other departments, and contributes to the teamwork essential to ensuring quality patient care.
• Takes appropriate measures to ensure safety of patients.
• Attend staff meetings, in-services, and mandatory meetings.
• Transport patients safely.
• Transports medication from Pharmacy to department med room.
• Provide care of patients with a variety of medical diagnosis and resulting complications.
• Relates to patients in a customer service manner.
• Prevents excessive patient waiting.
• Prepares patient and initiates treatment.
• Performs modality procedures.
• Supervises and assists with therapist assigned exercise programs.
• Alters treatment appropriately according to patient needs as assigned by the therapist.
• Expedites and ensures completion of treatment program.
• Effectively communicates with peers to provide a teamwork environment.
• Accurately enters charges.
• Assists in other areas when necessary to provide good customer service.
• Participates in the efficiency and quality of department operations.
• Effectively prioritizes work responsibilities.
• Assists with equipment/instrument/ supply/pharmacy/MSDS-chemicals/linen inventory
• Provides for a clean, infection free environment including daily and monthly cleaning schedules.
• Assists with managing supply inventory, cost containment, and annual department inventory counts
• Safely utilizes exercise and lift equipment
• Assists with administrative duties such as copying, filing, faxing, chart checks, reports, and other computer related functions.
• Assists with front office duties as needed and in absence of office coordinator.
• Effectively manages phones, schedules, communicates efficiently b/w all rehab areas.
• Consistently seeks opportunities to improve departmental processes and collaborates with other departments.
BLS (AHA) certification.
Interest in Physical/Occupational Therapy.
Effective verbal and written communication skills.
Computer and keyboarding skills.
Ability to work with others to ensure quality patient care.
Strong problem solving skills.
Continuous focus on excellence in work environment.
Degree of Supervision Required:
Involves general guidance and directions by the Clinical Coordinator, Manager or Director of Rehabilitation Services. The employee will be expected to perform most job duties independently, and in accordance with established departmental and hospital policies and procedures.
Patient Population Served:
This position requires knowledge of growth and developmental needs of patients. Employees in this position must recognize and respond to the behaviors of patients in neonate/infant, pediatric, adolescent, adult, and geriatric age categories. The employee must be able to demonstrate the special skills required to care for patients and their families according to Medical Center of Lewisville expectations and standards. The skills and knowledge need to provide such care may be gained through education, training, or experience.
Hospital rooms, common areas, clinical departments, and hospital grounds.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom