McKesson is in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. It starts with the chain of events you initiate when you work with McKesson Pharmaceutical - a chain that extends across the country and results in millions of people getting more from their healthcare.
As the leader in pharmaceutical distribution and supply chain management, McKesson Pharmaceutical delivers vital branded and generic pharmaceuticals, as well as over-the-counter products, to more than 40,000 customers in three primary segments: retail chains, independent retail pharmacies and institutional providers such as hospitals, health systems, integrated delivery networks and long-term care providers.
We base our distribution excellence on electronic order processing, asset management tools, a commitment to Six Sigma methodology, order accuracy and supply chain safety. We work with our customers on solutions - including supply management technology, world-class marketing programs, managed care and repackaging products and services - that help them meet their business and quality goals. Our entire team works to ensure patients receive their medications efficiently and begin the process of healing.
As the nation’s largest pharmaceutical distributor, US Pharmaceutical is committed to driving total pharmacy health for customers and ensuring that customers receive the right drug at the right time, every time. This commitment is underpinned by McKesson’s focus on providing customers with the industry’s highest product availability, intelligent ordering capabilities and unmatched service accuracy.
Current NeedPosition Description
Join our team of leaders to begin a rewarding career.
Position is responsible for managing all aspects of the business relationship with the customer. Ensures that all appropriate resources are available and utilized effectively/efficiently to maximize overall business management services and corporate profitability. Develops and maintains positive client relations and coordinates with various functions within the company to ensure client requests are handled appropriately (i.e. within time and budget) while balancing client needs with company profitability. This position has authority to substantially affect the relationship between the company and a client, either from a financial or services/product standpoint. Position monitors/audits financial, reimbursement and information management services and is responsible for analyzing the billing effectiveness/cash flow and making recommendations to increase productivity and profitability. Utilizes their knowledge of the client/business, healthcare practice management and medical billing process/procedures to maximize performance relative to client relationship, client satisfaction, desired survey results and client/company financial performance indicators.
- 2+ years Healthcare Practice Management or Medical Billing experience
- Strong computer skills, including expertise in database management; advanced proficiency in MS Office applications
- Must have strong communications skills, including excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills, with the ability to present and communicate with healthcare professionals at all levels
- Ability to be self-directed and autonomous
- Must be proactive with lots of initiative
- Must have ability to multitask and prioritize workloads
- Must have strong analytical and problem solving skills with keen attention to detail
- Must have strong understanding of confidentiality of patient records
Additional Knowledge & Skills
- Bachelor’s degree preferred; Master’s degree a plus
- Experience in patient assistance, healthcare reimbursement, insurance or benefits
- Experience in pre-authorizations or Medicare/Medicaid applications
- Sales experience or experience in meeting/exceeding revenue goals a plus
- ICD-10 or CPT knowledge and/or experience preferred
- Ability to maintain McKesson standards of behavior at all times
- BS degree or equivalent experience in Healthcare Practice Management or Medical Billing
General Office DemandsBenefits & Company Statement
McKesson believes superior performance – individual and team – that helps us drive innovations and solutions to promote better health should be recognized and rewarded. We provide a competitive compensation program to attract, retain and motivate a high-performance workforce, and it’s flexible enough to meet the different needs of our diverse employee population.
We are in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. We partner with payers, hospitals, physician offices, pharmacies, pharmaceutical companies and others across the spectrum of care to build healthier organizations that deliver better care to patients in every setting.
But we can’t do it without you. Every single McKesson employee contributes to our mission—whatever your title, whatever your role, you act as a catalyst in a chain of events that helps millions of people all over the globe. Talented, compassionate people are the future of our company—and of healthcare. At McKesson, you’ll collaborate on the products and solutions that help us carry out our mission to improve lives and advance healthcare. Working here is your opportunity to shape an industry that’s vital to us all.
McKesson is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer – minorities/females/veterans/persons with disabilities.
Qualified applicants will not be disqualified from consideration for employment based upon criminal history.Agency Statement
No agencies please.
McKesson is in business for better health.