Relationship Banker CP - Northern PG County & Anne Arundel
At Capital One, we are passionate about providing an exceptional customer experience while helping our personal and small business clients achieve their financial goals. As a Relationship Banker, you will have the opportunity to use your love of working with people, sales abilities and product knowledge to play a vital role in our customer’s banking experience. You will partner with other branch associates to provide innovative solutions for our customers.
We are looking for smart, ambitious and talented professionals to develop relationships, consult with clients and analyze which products and services best meet their needs. Join us and collaborate with other creative and goal-oriented team members in an environment where you can achieve your full potential.
This position is the first, role for an in-branch banker. The Relationship Banker-CP (RB-CP) provides exceptional service with core knowledge of all products and services and identifies educational, sales and referral opportunities through needs-based conversations.
The Relationship Banker-CP is responsible for proactively developing, managing, retaining, deepening, and growing customer relationships of our new and existing Consumer and Small Business customers. RBs identify all customer needs with balanced sales and maximize referral opportunities and referral conversions to other lines of business including Capital One Investment, Home Loans, Merchant and Treasury services, Small Business and Commercial Banking.
An RB-CP must maintain set performance goals, demonstrate skills-based behaviors and acquire knowledge of complete line of products and services offered at the bank while working towards Relationship Banker certification. An RB-CP must consistently demonstrate Service Excellence behaviors in their interactions with customers and in customer survey feedback.
This is an interim position as the banker works towards moving into a Relationship Banker role.
- Live the company values of Excellence and Do the Right Thing
- Act as a Customer Advocate
- Contribute to a customer- centric culture, continuous improvement, innovation and change
- Take an active role in educating customers on other banking channels as well as sales and service offerings
- Owns personal development to achieve job proficiency, meet performance goals and obtain internal Banker Certification
- Meet set performance goals, demonstrate skills-based behaviors to achieve Banker Certification and Advanced Banker Certification status and recertify annually
- Meets with prospects and customers as a result of outbound calling efforts, teller referrals and branch referrals in specialist areas including Investments, Small Business, and/or Mortgage to discuss and sell banking products
- Proactively maximizes sales opportunities
- Consistently uses needs-based assessment tools to analyze and determine customer needs
- Recommends and sells appropriate solutions both in person and on the telephone or online
- Maintains a working knowledge of the complete line of products and services offered; takes responsibility to keep up to date and request assistance for further development needs
- As requested, participates in, leads and mentors associates trainings and sales meetings
- Creates customer awareness of alternative banking channels, such as digital capabilities, ATM, online and mobile banking
- Leverages tools to incorporate customer offers in needs-based conversations
- Actively contributes to branch team’s success
- Deepen customer relationships
- Creates a welcoming and warm environment in the branch by greeting customers and prospects in the lobby and on the phone; demonstrates genuine interest in the customer and in helping them meet their financial needs.
- Fulfills any of our customer’s servicing needs with the intent of enhancing customer retention and engagement.
- Ensures all audit and security policies and procedures are followed in accordance with Bank policy and Federal regulations
- High School Diploma, GED, equivalent certification, or military experience
- At least 1 year of customer service experience
- At least 1 year of Sales experience
- Able to travel between branches in assigned local area
- 2 years sales experience in a banking environment or 2 years sales experience in a retail environment or 2 year’s experience in a hospitality role
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Requires successful registration with, and issuance of a unique identification number from, the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System (NMLS) in compliance with the Secure and Fair Enforcement for Mortgage Licensing Act of 2008 (S.A.F.E. Act).