New York, NY
“At MetLife, we’re leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we’re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.”
- Establish and maintain strong National Relationships with Major Brokerage and Consultant Firms (firms determined by VP, BCRM Group)
- Be viewed as the "go to" person for firm carrier relations contact(s)
- In conjunction with national and targeted regional firms (and other firms as necessary), develop national strategies to drive growth into local markets resulting in revenue growth, increased persistency and increased quote activity
- Successfully manage Strategy Implementation Consultant, direct report
- Drive growth (increased quote activity, revenue, etc…) in targeted local markets; develop joint action plans with assigned firms and determine potential impact based on established success metrics
- Work with internal distribution, product/underwriting and service partners to support and implement national and local market strategies (growth, market differentiation), - develop local accountability measures
- Ongoing monitoring of key metrics, identify successes and challenges
- Support broader organization needs and initiatives as defined by Market Leaders, Broker Strategies, Compensation and other key partners from R&IS
- Provide input for enterprise-wide strategies related to supplemental compensation and recommend changes to program as required
- Manage and be responsible for certain broker-related initiatives, working in conjunction with Marketing and other MetLife departments
- Provide strategic insight on broker information obtained in the market to MetLife sales management and make critical decisions related to growth strategies, product approaches on both the national and local level
- Demonstrate strong partnerships with Regional/ Customer Unit management through effective National to Local strategies and support of firm-specific needs
- Develop and make presentations, internally and externally, on the state of the relationship
- Create differentiation of MetLife in the broker/consultant marketplace with focus on Thought Leadership
- Communicate on consistent basis with internal distribution partners the status of firm relationships, progress toward objectives
- Represent MetLife at firm (conferences, workshops, training sessions, webcasts, etc.) and industry events
- Provide comprehensive debriefs to management and field, as appropriate, after each significant meeting, event and distribute as appropriate
- Strategic and creative thinking skills
- Strong planning and execution skills
- Expert knowledge of the industry and the marketplace
- Detailed product knowledge
- Strong financial acumen
- Analytical skills in order to identify issues and develop pertinent, responsive strategic solutions
- Strong knowledge of group benefits products and services
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills (verbal, written and presentation) at all levels of the organization
- Strong leadership skills
- Strong project management skills - ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently
- Ability to identify and leverage internal and external resources
- Ability to work independently
- Ability and desire to travel a must
- 10+ years of experience in employee benefits
Number of Openings
MetLife is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is MetLife's policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.
Note to Mobile Users: If viewing on a mobile device and would like to apply, please email the job to yourself and complete the application from a desktop/laptop.
Note to Desktop/Laptop Users: For immediate consideration, click Apply Now button below. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile which takes 10 – 15 minutes to complete. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job.
Internal Use Only: 12M
A little about us:
MetLife offers life insurance, disability income insurance, car insurance, employee benefits and more.