Under close supervision, assists higher level Relay Testers in testing, maintaining and repairing protective/test or other electronic/electric equipment in the laboratory.
Under close supervision, regularly and customarily performs work on Company and/or customer owned equipment, on or off Company property, as follows:
1. Assists Relay Testers of higher grade in the performance of their duties.
2. Tests, maintains, and repairs relays, protective and test equipment, and other electric/electronic equipment in the laboratory.
3. Performs minor field work for which qualified.
4. Performs other related or less-skilled work within the capabilities of the individual to meet emergencies or other operating needs.
5. Must pass NERC background check.
6. Must be willing and able to work extra and/or irregular hours and be willing to work under unusual or special conditions. Must be willing and able to work overtime on a regular basis and must be available for callout overtime.
7. Must possess the appropriate vehicle operator's license.
8. Operates automobile, light truck or van.
9. Performs all work in accordance with Company regulations and safety rules.
10. Assists in job-related clerical work.
11. Reads, writes and communicates effectively in the English language.
Associate's Degree in Electrical Engineering or Electrical Engineering Technology or related field OR the equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience.
Experience demonstrating skill performing basic math (e.g., addition, subtraction, multiplication, division).
Experience demonstrating skill comprehending written materials.
Knowledge of and the ability to use various hand tools and test instruments.
Experience demonstrating skill using personal computers including word processing and spreadsheet software
Ability and willingness to read and interpret diagrams and blueprints.
Ability and willingness to work on or around energized electrical and mechanical equipment.
Ability and willingness to work with your hands to perform work functions, and work in a variety of work environments including all weather conditions, at extreme heights, in confined spaces or enclosed vessels, in dark or limited light areas, and in noisy and dirty environments.
Ability and willingness to wear and use safety equipment such as steel toed shoes, rubber gloves and sleeves, hard hat, fire retardant clothing, respirator, etc. as required by Federal, State, Local and Company regulations.
Ability and willingness to perform both indoor and outdoor tasks for extended periods of time such as lifting up to 50 pounds, climbing ladders and scaffolding, bending, twisting, kneeling, crawling, pulling/pushing, standing, walking and squatting.
Ability and willingness to perform rescue and first aid activities.
Ability and willingness to work rotating shifts, holidays, weekends and overtime.
Ability and willingness to travel to various company locations.
Ability and willingness to drive a Company vehicle.
Ability and willingness to perform a second role in accordance with PHI's Emergency Preparedness Guidelines for al employees.
Must successfully pass qualification test.
Must possess a valid jurisdictional driver's license.
Must successfully pass a Criminal History Background Check which consists of a 7-year criminal records check for felony convictions.
This position is a NERC Regulated position. As such, a background check will be conducted on the incumbent every seven years. Additionally, the incumbent will be required to complete annual NERC compliance training.
Experience demonstrating skill using common tools (e.g., hammers, drills, screwdrivers, wrenches).
Experience demonstrating skill reading and interpreting diagrams and blueprints.
Pepco Holdings, an Exelon Company, is an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to diversity and does not discriminate against applicants on the basis of characteristics protected by law. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Never Miss an Update - Follow us on Twitter @PHICareers