Ethicon Inc., a member of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Relay Winder to be located in San Angelo, Texas.
The Global Surgery Group is comprised of the following businesses within Johnson & Johnson: Ethicon Surgical Care, Ethicon Energy, Ethicon Biosurgery, Acclarent, Biosense Webster, Cordis, Mentor and Sterilmed. With annual sales of $11 billion, the Global Surgery Group is the world’s largest, most innovative surgical company. The strength of the Global Surgery Group is illustrated by the fact that more than 80% of our sales come from businesses with #1 or #2 global market share positions. We serve customers around the world, with about 60% of our sales generated outside the U.S., including a fast-growing presence in emerging markets. The Global Surgery Group is committed to innovation, with about 30% of our sales coming from products introduced in the past five years.
Associate must be able to support 24 hour, 7 day a week manufacturing operation, with the ability to work 12-hour shifts.
Associates are held accountable for production efficiencies, strict compliance with process specifications, and company standards of behavior.
The Relay Winder is responsible for:
• Understanding and comprehension of the English language, process specifications, computer functions required to complete job (i.e. Microsoft Office, shop floor systems, etc…)
• Read, interrupt and follow work instructions and training materials.
• Pass and maintain training and certification examinations as required.
• Assess and input data into shop floor systems.
• Verifies raw material components against the production book router sheet for accuracy.
• Follows established procedures, quality checks or tests, and completes necessary documentation. Segregates completed work if necessary.
• Records and enters data into the automated tracking systems using electronic services.
• Ability to work and communicate well with others
• Ability to give and understand instructions, both verbal and written.
• Must be willing to work with a team concept.
• Must be will to accept change and additional responsibilities and training associated with change.
• Obtains required product from material handler and performs batch change as per applicable specifications. This includes product related materials, e.g., sutures and process materials, trays and transfer containers.
• Places wound suture on transfer conveyor for paper lid insertion or on transfer container. Places wound product in designated staging. Checks and fills paper holder periodically.
• Performs preventive maintenance and minor adjustments.
• Sets up and adjust machine as necessary. Sets vacuum on workstation following prescribed procedures. Adjusts winding tension arm or makes other adjustments as necessary.
• Winds sutures with or without needles in folders or trays designed to provide easy removal of the suture.
• Winds specified sutures in a prescribed manner and ensure that sutures and needles are positioned properly. Conducts quality checks for defects in accordance with sampling plan.
• Uses small hand tools and equipment as required.
• Ensures departmental practices, work areas, and equipment is kept in a safe and orderly fashion.
• Does any other work of a related nature and performs other work related duties as assigned.
• Follow current compliance regulations and standards.
• Works in accordance with ISO 14001 principles and environmental regulatory compliance requirements. Works in accordance with Ethicon environmental policies and procedures.
• Must have good work habits (neatness, organizational skills, time management skills, etc.).Qualifications
• High school diploma, GED, or equivalent required.
• Experience in a manufacturing environment required.
• Associate must maintain an acceptable level of attendance and be able to support a continuous run manufacturing operation (24/7). Standard schedule is 12-hour shifts in a four on, four off rotation(630pm – 630am). Schedule will also include some weekends and holidays.
• Ability to obtain a passing score on a WorkKeys assessmentPrimary Location
United States-Texas-San AngeloOrganization
Ethicon Inc. (6045)Job Function
Johnson & Johnson cares for the world - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.