This is a great opportunity for a seasoned Build and Release Engineer that will be responsible for the support and development of the Source Control Management (SCM) infrastructure used to support our software product development efforts. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record in delivering on time and working builds and the desire to improve existing processes. Attention to detail is extremely important for this position. This team-based position will work with developers, lab engineering, IT, and quality assurance team members to maintain and enhancement our existing SCM and development processes . ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Provide support to Engineering teams for various projects
- Extending the configuration management (SCM) system for our development and production releases.
- Rework/maintain/optimize existing configuration management (SCM) processes.
- Design and develop Build and Release tools to increase development productivity
- Implement various automated solutions via PERL, C, JAVA, HTML, CMD scripting
- Troubleshoot and fix compilation or script issues
- Prioritize multiple tasks based on project, urgency, etc.
- Detailed knowledge of Perforce and its usage in managing multiple parallel projects, branching and merging is a must.
- Deep understanding of software configuration management principles.
- Experience with multi-platform (Unix, Windows, etc.) build environments
- Experience with Perl, Ant, make, shell scripting and/or other scripting languages
- Broad understanding of the programming structure (makefiles, headers, code) and compilation process (compile, link).
Develop, analyze and maintain tools that support and automate processes for hardware or software product release.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will specify, design and implement major changes to existing software architecture. Create new architecture for a moderate size product or a portion of a major product. Build and execute unit tests and unit test plans. Review integration and regression test plans created by QA. Communicate with QA and porting engineering to ensure consistency, testability and portability across products in general.
Provide leadership and expertise in the development of new products/services/processes, frequently operating at the leading edge of technology. Recommends and justifies major changes to existing products/services/processes. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. Typically eight or more years of software engineering or related experience needed.Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.