The mission of Johnson Controls is to provide solutions for a more comfortable, safe and sustainable world. As part of Johnson Controls Building Efficiency business, the Controls Software Engineering team applies this mission to buildings, providing solutions for a more comfortable, safe and sustainable building environment for owners and occupants.
The Build & Release Engineer will be joining the team that develops advanced controls for Chillers and Smart Building products used by our customers to run their buildings and manage their energy costs based in York, PA. Work as part of a close knit team of experienced engineers to apply and enhance your engineering development skills to develop applications, products and tools.
As a member of the Controls Software Engineering team, the candidate will assist the engineers in the developing, testing and supporting of controls for Chiller Solutions' products. This individual will actively participate in the software development life cycle p rocesses for development and continuous improvement.
This individual must be self-motivated and able to work independently but must also be able to interface directly with electronics engineers, software developers, controls and systems engineers and test engineers to develop system wide solutions.
#nextchapter Job Qualifications:
- BS in Computer Science or Software Engineering
- Minimum 3 years' experience as a Build and Release engineer
- Demonstrate an ability to learn quickly and independently is required
- Demonstrated problem solving skills is required
- Strong communication (verbal and written) skills
- Strong programming/scripting background with extensive knowledge of Unix/Linux
- Minimum 3 years of experience with code repositories like Git & automation of configuration management tasks, along with other tools/applications like JIRA, Confluence, Team City/Jenkins, etc.
- Minimum 3 years of experience with software continuous integration build systems like Team City, Jenkins, Hudson, etc.,
- Minimum 3 years of experience using tools to integrate best practices like static code analysis, automated unit tests & regression tests, code coverage analyzers, creation of sandbox environments etc.
- Ability to work well in a team environment & independently while tackling complex problems
- Experience with network, system, firewall administration
- Candidates must be a US citizen and local, or driving distance, to York, PA
A little about us:
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and industrial leader serving customers in more than 150 countries.