Sr. Process Manager
Capital One, a Fortune 500 company and one of the nation’s top 10 banks, offers a broad spectrum of financial products and services to consumers, small businesses and commercial clients. Our goal is to create one of the nation’s great banks, and we have the necessary ingredients: a strong balance sheet, resilient businesses, a massive customer franchise, strong analytical capabilities, and great people. We nurture a work environment where people with a variety of thoughts, ideas and backgrounds, guided by our shared values, come together to make Capital One a great company – and a great place to work.
Monitor, report and plan process improvement or redesign initiatives, and make recommendations on changes. Collect and analyze data for supporting recommendations and manage formal process documents. Collaborate on project teams and broader enterprise initiatives to represent business for changes that may impact department processes.
- Day to day oversight of multiple processes: monitor, report, and plan process improvement or redesign initiatives; define, establish, and manage process controls; identify process improvement opportunities and implement them through collaboration with other groups such as the Risk office, BRO and management; make final recommendations for approval on changes.
- Collect, analyze and measure process data, to initiate sustainable business practices and procedures and for reporting to senior leadership and executives; review data for trends and gaps in the process that may require additional review.
- Resolve complex problems or transactions, where expertise is required to interpret against policies, guidelines or processes; escalate breakdowns in the process by asking the right questions and identify/ involve the right stakeholders to correct breakdowns.
- Maintain formal process documents (e.g. procedures and diagrams), and document processes and projects (creating project reports, presentations, business cases, and diagrams)
- Collaborate on larger initiatives, including representing department on broader change control forums for input and to represent department interests; may challenge forum decisions if project outcome impacts department processes. May participate in cross-functional project teams, including projects driven by other parts of the organization, to provide input, liaise with training, and partner with groups on execution efforts.
- Coach and train junior PM levels on processes, performance targets and goals.
- Provide customer service and training to internal customers on specific processes they manage; may deliver presentations, including up to the executive level.
- May direct the work of associates, including performance management, hire and fire responsibilities.
- May perform process or parts of the process as needed
- High School Diploma, GED or Military experience.
- At least 2 years' experience in MicroSoft Office.
- At least two years of experience in Business Process Management, or at least 2 years' experience in Project Management, or at least 2 years' experience in Relationship Management, or at least 2 years' experience in Risk Management
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Lean certification, or Agile certification, or Six Sigma certification, or Business Process Management certification, or Project Management certification.
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.