Company Description About Visa: Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity
. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind - making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere . This is our global vision and the common purpose
that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do. CyberSource, a Visa company, has been and continues to be a pioneer within the e-Commerce Payment Management world. Our VisaNet network is capable of handling over 65,000 transaction messages per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks.
We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa's sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity
to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
"Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code." Job Description
Visa Inc is looking for a dynamic technical leader to join our team as Release Engineering and Tools Manager. As a member of the Engineering Support Services team, reporting to the director of the Engineering group, He/She will be leading a team of devops/systems/release engineers in setup and operation of automation and release engineering needed to facilitate the software development process to push new features from development to production in a predictable, low risk and agile manner.
The ideal candidate for this position will have a deep understanding and hands on experience in release engineering, build/deployment automation, automation of environment spin out for highly scalable, high traffic customer facing systems. You will be expected to improve team agility through coaching and implementing best practices. You will need enough technical depth to conduct deep dives, lead root cause analysis efforts and defend your opinions about devOps, release engineering & automation practices.
The candidate will work closely and together with the Release Engineering team in India supporting application development, infrastructure, systems engineering, architects, and network/firewall teams to plan, setup and operate the pre production environments, CI/CD pipeline, automation of environment roll-out etc.,. Also ensure that teams have appropriate requirements, direction, and resources to deliver effectively. Be responsible for overall soundness of devOps and automation principles by pulling ideas from the team and mediating architecture decisions. Provide guidance & coaching to motivate, and lead team members (direct reports) to their optimum performance levels and career development Job Description:
We are looking for you to have an equal mix of being a hands-on contributor with leadership responsibilities. In other words, you are extremely hands-on, but also have a tremendous drive for organization and quality.
You, as a manager, are responsible for unblocking your team. You are here to help engineers achieve their goals and ambitions, providing great communication, and to help engineers ship the product.
You are not just a manager, but also an engineer. You must understand how engineers think, what they crave, how much to put on their plate, when to prioritize engineer initiatives, and be able to deliver that repeatedly. In this role you will be an individual contributor half the time and focusing on Ops the other half.Responsibilities:
- Setting a strategic direction to establish short and long-term goals
- Maintaining the balance, at all times, between fixings things for "the right now" and making overall improvements for the long-term
- Creating processes that enable the Support Engineering team, without having the methodology of "throwing things across the fence"
- Providing hands-on technical guidance to improve and expand our existing deployments and infrastructure, working alongside the rest of the Support Engineering Team
- Working in a diverse, dynamic environment that leverages multiple tools and languages
- Finding ways to remove obstacles, and weaknesses that slow you and the Team down
- 6+ years of experience as a Lead DevOps Engineer with minimum of 2 years as a DevOps/Tools Engineering Manager with overall 10+ years of relevant industry experience
- Significant technical experience in release automation engineering, Continuous Integration, DevOps, software/systems developer, software development & release engineering manager, or related role
- Managed a team of 8- 10 engineers
- Experience in a 70/30 split environment (managing in all capacities/hands-on for the remaining time)
- Expert in BASH, Python and other scripting languages
- Proven ability to lead a team of highly technical software/systems engineering staff and earn trust of team members and stakeholders
- Ability to pick any language or tool that is the right for the job and "run with it"
- Experience with infrastructure management tools such as: Dockers and Chef
- Deep knowledge in Jenkins Farm and implementation of such setup
- Implemented CI/CD in the GIT/Stash/Jenkins/Liquibase/Artifactory landscape
- Strong intra-team communication and ability to express ideas
- Have opinions on how things should be planned, implemented, and maintained
- Strong experience with project or program management; focusing on processes and documentation
- Experience defining and managing the roadmap for implementation of RE/Tools/DevOps deliverables in an established operation
- Experience scaling infrastructure that interacts with 3rd party services within and outside of VISA.
- Have built infrastructure to detect problems, monitor health and performance of servers
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.