Are you interested in helping solve today's most critical housing challenges? In simplest terms, Fannie Mae serves the people who house America. We work at the heart of housing by providing reliable, affordable mortgage financing in all markets at all times, buying loans that banks and other lenders originate, so they can fund new loans. This gives more people the opportunity to buy, refinance, or rent homes and apartments. Creating these opportunities is what drives the people who work at Fannie Mae.
Fannie Mae is leading the industry in digital transformation by adopting new ways of working, taking mobile, cloud, innovation, and Agile in its journey toward a complete customer focused products and services. This role plays a key by working closely with and influencing product management, technology and other stakeholders in order to bring digital products into frequent releases by leveraging SAFe principles.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress JOB INFORMATION
Promotes the Agile mindset in agile teams, challenging and removing organizational and cultural impediments. They are constantly guiding teams in discovery and learning. The Scrum Master III also helps a team through change, helping identify and attack organizational impediments which limits team productivity and quality and defining transformation vision and goal. Serves as the servant leader for the team to ensure clear communication and organization of the team/program, along with maintaining the production backlog and release plan and facilitating the core scrum ceremonies and practices. Leads a scaled Agile implementation leveraging various Agile frameworks. KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Serves as the Chief Scrum Master in a program/portfolio:
- Coaches and mentors scrum masters in the program, responsible for the continuous improvement of Agile practices in an Agile program, establishes cadence for sprints and program increments, and facilitates the Scrum of Scrums, release planning workshops, and program inspect and adapt workshop.
- Provides Agile leadership in support of senior management on large programs.
- Utilizes Agile tools such as Rally, Jira, and LeanKit for planning and tracking work performed by teams.
- Facilitates the discussions of complex, high value IT delivery projects that require the coordination of development work or technology work on multiple platforms to achieve desired functionality.
- Serves as knowledge source within project teams as assigned.
- Resolves organization impediments and deflect external interruptions during sprints.
- Tracks and produces key metrics (e.g., burndown, burnup charts).
- Facilitates scrum ceremonies for the teams (S1, Planning, Retrospective, Grooming & Review/Demo).
- Acts as a conduit to other teams and LOBs with which the team is interacting.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- 6 years of related experience
- Must have at least 4 years of experience leading Agile teams/servicing as a Scrum Master, Product Owner, or Release Train Engineer. 2 years of experience working in a scaled Agile environment - SAFe (multiple teams supporting single product). Must have at least 6 years of software development experience
- Facilitate Program Increment (PI) sessions for prioritizing product features & backlog. Facilitate Scrum of Scrums meeting to report impediments for escalation. Facilitate scrum ceremonies for the team (Planning, Retrospective, Grooming & Review/Demo). Facilitate impediment resolution in a timely, cost effective manner. Act as a conduit to other teams and lines of business with which the team is interacting
- Previous experience engaging stakeholders, contributors and technical resources to analyze user needs and resource limitations
- Strong background in facilitating discussions of complex, high value IT delivery projects that require the coordination of development work or technology work on multiple platforms to achieve desired functionality
- Track and produce key program metrics (e.g., burn-down, burn-up charts, cumulative flow diagram). Should have Agile experience/knowledge of key agile techniques including Kanban, Lean, XP, and Scrum
- Scrum Master Certified (CSM) or Professional Scrum Master (PSM) required. Certified Scrum Professional (CSP) or Scaled Agile Inc. certifications preferred (SA, SPC)
- Utilize project coordination expertise and tools such as Rally, Jira, or VersionOne
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to pass a pre-employment drug screen and to successfully complete a background investigation.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
A little about us:
We’re leading the way to provide safe, affordable, and reliable credit, so people across the U.S. have opportunities to buy, reﬁnance, or rent homes.