The objective of this position is to improve the overall efficiency and effectiveness of the Operations and Maintenance organization by coordinating day to day work plans. The Reliability Coordinator is the central figure in the Control of Work process, as he/she functions as the Area Authority (AA). The Reliability Coordinator should have an operations background. The Reliability Coordinator is the primary or single point-of-contact within the Operations team to prioritize and support daily execution of the work schedule and provide approval of work orders and development of short and long term Maintenance schedules. The Reliability Coordinator will work closely with the Unit/Area Supervisors for the unit/area, who will also function as the Area Authority Delegate when the Reliability Coordinator is not present.
This summary is meant to be an overall job description and does not include all tasks that might be required for the position.Key accountabilities
- The Reliability Coordinator is accountable for working with the planning and scheduling departments providing guidance and prioritization for planned work requests.
- Approves the weekly and daily planned work list for their unit/area in consultation with the Unit/Area Shift Supervisor.
- Ensures that the unplanned tasks receive the same level of CoW controls as planned work in consultation with the Unit/Area Shift Supervisor.
- Completes the WCC and any other required Supplementary Certificates with the Performing Authority during the task planning stage.
- Decides whether a task may be approved based on levels of residual risk identified by Level 1 or Level 2 RA.
- Identifies the required levels of approval, using the Task Risk Category Table and Residual Risk matrix.
- Stops unsafe tasks and CoW non-compliance.
- Works with equipment specialists to identify opportunities for improved equipment reliability
- Serves as the primary Operations Team representative in all equipment reliability improvement projects.Work with the area maintenance engineer to monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of PM programs.
Essential experience and job requirements
- Required: High school diploma or equivalent
- Preferred: Engineering Degree
Other Requirements (e.g. Travel, Location)
- Required: 5+ years' experience in refinery operations or an engineering degree with operations experience in a refinery setting
There are no additional requirements. Please respond with N/A below.Desirable criteria & qualifications
- Supervisory experience is preferred. Operations background with control board experience preferred. Certifications from the Process Safety Institute or equivalent preferred.
- Analyzing problems, troubleshooting, and problem solving: Systematically determine root cause(s) of problems through questioning and inspecting, and then identify the best course of action to take.
- Ability to multitask while performing job tasks, without being distracted.
- Assist in Incident Investigations, and Job Safety Analysis.
- Identify and assess safety hazards.Computer Programs—Microsoft Office, Power Point, Excel, Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Word
Yes - up to 10%Is this a part time position?
Our business is the exploration, production, refining, trading and distribution of energy. This is what we do, and we do it on a truly global scale. With a workforce of 92,000 employees, BP operates with business activities and customers in more than 100 countries across six continents. Every day, we serve millions of customers around the world. We are continually looking for talented, committed and ambitious people to help us shape the face of energy for the future.
The BP-Husky Refining facility (formerly known as BP Toledo Refinery) located in Northwest Ohio, has operated continuously since 1919. Since that time, the facility has undergone numerous improvements to achieve its current capacity for processing 160,000 barrels of crude oil daily. Recently, BP and Husky Energy finalized the formation of two historic 50/50 joint ventures. One joint venture will develop Husky's Sunrise oil sands field located in Alberta, Canada, and the other joint venture will reposition and operate the Toledo Refinery located in Ohio. As a result, the Toledo Refinery will have access to a reliable source of crude from North America and ensure the refinery's future for years to come. BP also has large, modern refineries in Cherry Point, WA; and Whiting IN.Segment
[ "27-Sep-2017" ]
A little about us:
One of the world's leading international oil & gas companies, BP employs over 80,000 talented minds in 80 countries, fostering innovation & diversity.