Johnson & Johnson Consumer Inc., a member of Johnson & Johnson’s Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Reliability Engineer, to be located in Los Angeles, CA.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies touches more than a billion people’s lives each day through our health care products and services, our corporate giving, and the volunteer efforts of our employees. The Johnson & Johnson Group of Consumer Companies develop and market beloved brands that address the needs of consumers and health care professionals worldwide. Our portfolio ranges across several distinct business units: Baby Care, Oral Care, Compromised Skin Care, Beauty, Feminine Care, and Over-The-Counter (OTC) products.
The Reliability Engineer leads the effort to continuously increase the reliability of manufacturing process equipment, including the highest standards with regard to Health, Safety, Environmental and Sustainability (EHS+S) practices along with cost effective programs and solutions. This position is responsible for continuous improvement of the preventive/predictive (PM/PdM) program to encompass reliability, mechanical integrity (MI), ISO, documentation control and cost efficiency. He/she will develop, monitor, analyze and improve reliability Key Performance Indicators (KPI), lead Root Cause Failure Analysis (RCFA) and Failure Mode & Effect and Criticality Assessment (FMECA) efforts, champion the Total Productive Maintenance (TPM) effort, increase the department’s movement towards top Manufacturing Equipment Excellence (ME2) status. This individual serves as Subject Matter Expert during audits.
The Reliability Engineer will:
• Evaluate all relevant operational data, reports, statistics and documentation related to critical equipment and systems in order to generate proactive and timely actions to optimize availability and reliability. Prepare failure analysis reports, concentrating on identifying repetitive occurrences of failures of critical equipment and processes
• Through the adoption of the latest technological developments, pursue the continuous improvement and enhance the level of technical execution of Maintenance personnel
• Analyzes equipment failures to determine root cause and identifies changes required to prevent recurrence
• Evaluate equipment operations and submit recommendations to site Management for improvement
• Assess the effectiveness of the Reliability Centered Maintenance (RCM), Preventive Maintenance (PM), Predictive Maintenance (PdM) and Total Productive Maintenance (TPM) programs
• Develop a life cycle plan and strategy for manufacturing equipment, aimed to track the longevity of the acquired assets and systems to insure that proper life expectancy is achieved, including the preparation of financial analysis regarding expense absorption for critical equipment
• Function as a key technical resource for the site in areas such as: PdM technologies, non-destructive testing, RCA, and Data analysis techniques (e.g. FMEA, Weibull analysis, etc.)
• Perform Equipment/System modifications and PM review/modification, to improve operation, uptime, efficiency, or to decrease parts usage, specific breakdown type, labor hours and equipment cost of operation
• Work closely with maintenance mechanics/technicians and operators to improve knowledge, techniques, and procedures that adversely affect equipment reliability. Provide training to continue to build the reliability culture and continuously improve (e.g. Lubrication Basics, etc.)
• Work with project engineers to ensure reliability of new and modified assets, while minimizing total lifecycle costs
• Lead initiatives related to Manufacturing Equipment Excellence (ME2)
• Lead the development and implementation of world class Maintenance standards including such as Reliability Center Maintenance (RCM), Maintenance Planning and Scheduling, Technicians Certification and applicable state licensing among others
• Use predictive technologies combined with historical information to identify dominant deterioration and failure modes, causes/effects of deterioration, and corrective actions required (failure analysis and mitigation)
• Monitor the CMMS to identify opportunities for improvement by eliminating repeat failures.
• Work closely with operations department in solving equipment problems to maximize the OEE of the plant.
• Lead department Corrective Action Preventive Action and Change Controls.
• Fosters relationships with all applicable development groups or task forces to actively influence design and assembly criteria
• Lead Plant shutdowns projects associated with equipment overhauls, routine maintenance and improvements
• Promote strategic alliances with vendors
• Lead and/or contribute as a member of a cross functional team supporting Plant initiatives.
• Perform other duties as assigned by management
• A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering is required, Mechanical, Electrical or Chemical is preferred
• A minimum of two (2) years of experience in the Maintenance/Engineering field in a Pharmaceutical or Chemical Process Industry is desired
• A minimum of two (2) years of experience with Predictive, Preventive methods including MTBF, Root Cause Failure Analysis (RCFA), Vibration Analysis, Thermography, RCM, TPM, FMEA, FMECA etc.
• Familiar with World Class maintenance concepts such a Reliability Center Maintenance, Total Productive Maintenance, Maintenance Planning & Scheduling, and Predictive Maintenance among others
• Strong mechanical aptitude and understanding of mechanical equipment and systems (e.g. pumps, fans, dryers, bearings, seals, etc.)
• Hands on experience installing, maintaining and troubleshooting PLCs, Automatic Process Controls and Computer Supervisory controls are highly desired
• Familiar with Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma concepts, certifications are a plus
• Excellent communication and collaboration skills
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Advanced Computer skills (e.g. Excel, Access, Word, SQL, Crystal Reports, Cognos, etc.)
• Knowledge in Computerized Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS) is desired
• Knowledge of FDA, cGMP’s regulations, OSHA and other governmental regulations.
• Experience working with cross functional teams
• Self-motivated and proactive person
• Ability to adapt and promote new technologies and processes in a changing maintenance and operational culture
• Ability to work in cross functional teams environment
• The position is located in Los Angeles, CA and may require up to 10% domestic and international travel
United States-California-Los AngelesOrganization
J & J Consumer Inc. (6101)Job Function
Johnson & Johnson cares for the world - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.