Description The Dow Chemical Company
has an exciting opportunity for a Reliability Engineer
at the Plaquemine, LA
site to support Technical Expertise and Support (TES) Department.
The primary role of the Reliability Engineer is to increase the reliability of equipment in the manufacturing plants at the Plaquemine site. This is done by providing reliability engineering support in close coordination with the production unit leaders, the technology improvement group, plant operations personnel and the Site Technical Support Organization.Key Responsibilities:
Qualifications Required Qualifications:
- Development of facility and equipment reliability and maintenance strategies.
- Focuses on long term reliability issues.
- Facilitates and implements root cause analysis.
- Identifies gaps between facility strategy, reliability model, and plant performance.
- Uses reliability principles to determine and make appropriate improvements.
- Follows work process to address reliability opportunities.
- Documents facility opportunities and establishes value case with cost data.
- Develops and implements operating discipline.
- Develop preventative maintenance plans.
- A minimum of a Bachelor's Degree in Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or Electrical Engineering is required.
- A minimum requirement for this U.S. based position is the ability to work legally in the United States. No visa sponsorship/support is available for this position, including for any type of U.S. permanent residency (green card) process.
- A minimum of 2+ years maintenance/reliability and/or rotating equipment experience is preferred.
- Experience in a petrochemical manufacturing facility is preferred.
- Experience in reliability modeling, budgeting for expenditures, Six Sigma methodology, and leading projects.
- Strong interpersonal, technical, and leadership skills.
- Apollo Root Cause Analysis experience preferred.
DowDuPont (NYSE: DWDP) is a holding company comprised of The Dow Chemical Company and DuPont with the intent to form strong, independent, publicly traded companies in agriculture, materials science and specialty products sectors that will lead their respective industries through productive, science-based innovation to meet the needs of customers and help solve global challenges. For more information, please visit us at www.dow-dupont.com .
The positions represented by this job posting are aligned to one of the three divisions, Agriculture, Materials Science or Specialty Products, which are expected to separate from DowDuPont into stand-alone public companies. Information on the division alignment will be provided during the recruitment process. Dow Offers:
- Competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits
- An annual variable pay program that rewards team and individual performance while sharing success across the company
- Employee stock ownership - and the commitment to long-term success that it brings
- On-going learning opportunities within a diverse, inclusive and rewarding work environment
- Career experiences that can span different Dow businesses and functions with opportunities for personal and professional growth
- The chance to work within a global company and interact with colleagues from around the world
- Opportunities that spark your imagination and ignite your passion to help others
- Dow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Dow is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at http://www.dow.com/en-us/contact-us , you may call us at 1+800-523-3945 and select Option 1, or send a facsimile request to 1+989-636-3674.
A little about us:
Join the Dow team in creating innovative solutions for human progress. A career with us is an invitation to explore, create and make valuable contributions to human progress. We’re a global team of problem-solvers, impacting everything from safe bridges, to fresh food.