At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $30 billion in sales, our 90,000 employees connect with customers all around the world.
3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas.
Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.Job Description:3M is seeking a Reliability Engineer for its Industrial Mineral Products Division located in Little Rock, AR.Job Summary:
The person hired for the position of Reliability Engineer - Mechanical will be a part of the IMP Division plant engineering/maintenance team which is dedicated to ensure that all assets perform at its ultimate level of performance. As a key contributor to our reliability efforts, you will outline a comprehensive and analytical approach to predict, prevent, eliminate or reduce equipment failures through application of current reliability techniques. Design and implement reliability improvement standards, on-going training and education, and equipment modifications in order to achieve world class maintenance reliability. Responsible for full Life Cycle Asset Management and keeping our deployed technology systems current.Primary Responsibilities:
- Provide support for all 4 IMP plants (Corona, Little Rock, Pittsburo, & Wausau)
- Perform failure mode and effect analysis to assure the proper Preventive Maintenance (PM) and Predictive Maintenance (PdM) programs are implemented, audited and improved on all existing and future assets.
- Application of Reliability Based Maintenance programs such as Reliability Centered Maintenance (RCM) and Total Productive Maintenance (TPM).
- Assess & develop capability of mechanics on their role in reliability improvement and to advance their technical capabilities.
- Analyze data (failure, cost, uptime, etc.) using appropriate reliability analysis tools to develop & implement improvement plans.
- Serve as the equipment reliability Subject Matter Expert (SME) for the business and lead reliability improvement teams.
- Manage and report Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) detailing all the results of the reliability programs activities.
- Provide leadership support for Maintenance Conscious Engineering strategies.
- Perform & document equipment criticality analysis in support of an effective critical spares strategy.
- Manage the mechanical integrity program for the business, which includes pressure vessels, piping systems, pumps, and rotating equipment.
- Participate in the Management of Change process to optimize the reliability of new equipment or processes.
- Submit recommendations and justification for capital expenditures that support and improve the Reliability Program.
- Provide an external awareness of methods and technologies that advance our own internal body of knowledge for the improvement of our operations reliability.
- Serve as a leader and example for behavior and performance to all employees.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in a Science or Engineering discipline from an accredited university
- Minimum of five (5) combined years of manufacturing and/or engineering experience
- Minimum of three (3) years of working with mechanical drawings
- Bachelor's degree or higher in a Mechanical Engineering or Mechatronics Engineering related discipline from an accredited University
- Ability to communicate, both written and oral, technical information to a diverse audience
- Professional reliability credentials such as: Certified Maintenance & Reliability Professional or Certified Maintenance & Reliability Technician
- Experience with reliability analysis, predictive (PdM), and preventative maintenance (PM)
- Experience with Mining and industrial rock processing equipment
- High level of understanding and ability to use analytical tools and troubleshooting
- Good communication skills (oral, written, and presentation) with the ability to communicate at all levels
Location: Little Rock, Arkansas
Travel: May include up to 40% domestic travel
Relocation: Is authorized
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status)
Learn more about 3M's creative solutions to the world's problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M or @3MNewsroom.
Please access the linked document by clicking here , select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.
Innovation is a way of life at 3M. We solve problems by applying creativity, team work and ingenuity to improve life for millions of people worldwide.