Joplin , Missouri - United States Shift:
12 hr. non-rotating
Multiple OpeningsPURPOSE OF THE JOB
The Reliability Technician role is to perform all equipment and facilities related electrical, mechanical, sheet metal, welding, instrument, and pipe fitting work. Utilizes process and maintenance knowledge to assist in the planning and performance of all tasks. Participates in teams to develop and implement solutions. The successful candidate must have a passion for safety and be able to foster effective working relationships built upon trust and respect within all level of the organization.Reports to
: The Reliability Technician is an hourly position reporting to the Reliability Lead and Maintenance Leader.JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
JOB REQUIREMENTSMINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Ensure that department and Owens Corning safety rules are being communicated and followed, including PPE usage.
- Know plant EHS goals or requirements and insures goals are met on a daily basis.
- Assists, trains/coaches employees in electrical, mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic maintenance and the repair of machinery and equipment. Assist in the diagnostics.
- Maintain a clean and safe work place in accordance with 5S protocol.
- Assist in controlling material and labor costs and efficiencies in the department.
- Assist in efforts to control waste, cost reductions, and process improvements.
- Recommend equipment upgrades, replacements, and repair as necessary.
- Communicate information to the Leader and department employees of the next shift to ensure effective and safe operations, efficient equipment and material usage, and quality assurance.
- Other activities as may be assigned in order to maintain production requirements of the plant. Work assignments will be made at the discretion of the plant Leaders.
- Minimum of two (2) years in related maintenance trade or occupation that involved electrical, hydraulic machinery and equipment in a manufacturing environment.
- Minimum high school diploma or equivalent is required
- Must be 18 years or older
- Must be a US citizen or have the right to work in the US
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Experience with Coke/Coal fired blast furnaces, plant-wide compressed air systems, fluid power operations/maintenance, mining-grade material conveyor systems, and complex process water systems preferred
- Certification/Two year Associates degree in technical related field highly preferred
- Experience operating powered industrial equipment such as forklift, Bobcat, overhead cranes, and hoists
The employee should hold the following abilities:
- Ability to work safely. Maintain safe work environment; communicate issues and take corrective actions when safety issues arise
- Must be able to read, write, and speak English
- Must be able to troubleshoot mechanical and electrical issues
- Excellent mechanical, electrical, and controls aptitude
- Basic welding abilities, MIG, Stick, and TIG (preferred)
- Machining bores, keyways, drill press, grinding, lathe, and mill operation
- PLC knowledge
- Excellent hydraulic troubleshooting, repair, and improvement abilities
- Ability to properly, precision align belt, gear or direct coupled shafts using proper tools to specified tolerances.
- Able to read technical prints and documents
- Ability to write, edit, and evaluate standard work
- Capable of working without direct supervision and able to understand verbal and written instructions
- Willingness to support training and cross-functional efforts
- Must have the ability to train and coach others
- Must possess strong communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills
- Must have strong process acumen and high mechanical aptitude
- Must be able to secure and maintain job related qualifications and certifications as required by the nature of this position
- MS Word, Excel, Power Point, Project, Outlook
- Must have the ability to multi-task and work well in a team environment
- Must have strong internal and external customer service skills
- Must have ability to do mathematical calculations including arithmetic, algebra, and geometry
- SAP experience a plus
- Excellent safety record and attendance record
- Familiar with Six Sigma, TPM, and 5S practices
- Excellent integrity
- Be able to work 12 hour shifts, overtime, weekends/holidays as scheduled and non-routine call-in's.
- Pass drug screen prior to employment
- Acceptable background check
- Pass pre-employment physical
- Pass Work Keys assessment NCRC+PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Non-Rotating shifts - 12 hour
- Stand for extended prolonged periods during 12 hour shift
- Work overtime as needed
- Meet the physical demands of the work environment
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
A review of this position has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents(s) will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, and abilities.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at will" relationship. About Owens Corning
Owens Corning (NYSE: OC) develops, manufactures and markets insulation, roofing, and fiberglass composites. Global in scope and human in scale, the company's market-leading businesses use their deep expertise in materials, manufacturing and building science to develop products and systems that save energy and improve comfort in commercial and residential buildings. Through its glass reinforcements business, the company makes thousands of products lighter, stronger and more durable. Ultimately, Owens Corning people and products make the world a better place. Based in Toledo, Ohio, Owens Corning posted 2015 sales of $5.4 billion and employs about 16,000 people in 25 countries. It has been a Fortune 500® company for 62 consecutive years. For more information, please visit www.owenscorning.com .A career at Owens Corning offers the ability to enhance your expertise and achieve your personal and professional aspirations. Through it all, we'll empower you with an environment that encourages open communication and big ideas, competitive pay for your performance, comprehensive benefits, and more opportunities to make your impact.
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. on a permanent basis.
Owens Corning is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability.
Founded in 1938, Owens Corning is a market-leading innovator of glass-fiber technology