We are Kerry. The Taste & Nutrition Company. We make products people enjoy and feel better about. And, we are growing. We need talented, passionate people who want to help us make the business better. People who expect better from themselves. People who care about delivering better for customers, their colleagues, the company and their own career. People who take pride in paving new paths to lead the business forward. We need great people who want to do great things. People like you, perhaps.
If you are high energy, self-motivated, creative, collaborative, and enjoy executing against the demands of a fast-paced high growth organization, then consider joining our team to help drive your career and Kerry forward.
Kerry is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Kerry will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditional upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen. Description and Responsibilities
The Relief Operator is located in Evansville, IN, and reports into the Production Supervisor. This is a plant within our Meat division and has around 130 employees, union facility and runs 24/7. This is a flex shift position, with 12 hour shifts ranging from 6:00am - 6:00pm and 6:00pm - 6:00am with every other weekend as a part of the normal working schedule.
The Relief Operator is responsible for filling in for any position on the production line as employees go to break or are called away from the line for another meeting or assignment. The relief operator is responsible for understanding the current item and job needed to be done at the time of relief. They will communicate effectively the precise actions taken during the given break to ensure a seamless transition. Communication with all team members is vitally important.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
- Know all positions on the line including base mixer, mixer operator and packer operator and fill in for positions in a timely and efficient manner
- Complete paperwork accurately and quality checks when necessary
- Review and plan for the daily production schedule specific to your position
- Operate a fork truck to move products and raw materials as needed
- Ensure hourly metal detector checks are completed and documented when necessary
- Maintain a clean workspace during production and at the end of the shift
- Partner with Lead Operator and Maintenance if issues arise with equipment
- High school diploma or GED
- One to three years manufacturing or warehouse experience preferred
- Food manufacturing experience is a plus
- Effective communication skills and ability to multi-task are essential
A little about us:
To delight and nourish consumers across the globe.