At MetLife, we seek to make a meaningful impact in the lives of our customers and our communities. The Global Technology & Operations group (GTO) is a diverse team of engineers, developers, business analysts, claim analysts, nurses and project managers with the freedom to create innovative and solutions to address core business challenges with MetLife. This role will be responsible for receiving and processing remittance payments from policyholders and applies to policies, contracts, and/or benefit plans within corporate and legal guidelinesJob Location
United States : Tampa : FloridaAlternate Job Location
Not applicableJob Description
- Receives and processes moderate to complex payments from policyholders and applies them to policies, contracts, and/or benefit plans.
- Inputs various forms of payment into systems and ensures payment is processed and properly recorded based upon assigned line of business, account, product area, and/or payment authorization amount.
- Reviews billing history and makes determination, within authorized limits and procedures, to credit remittance, apply, suspend, or refund payment.
- Investigates billing history and contacts internal administrative units to clarify issues on complex or referred cases and makes appropriate determination.
- Reconciles daily transactions and reports discrepancies and delinquencies.
- Researches and resolves billing, collection, or payment methodology problems.
- Receives and responds to telephone and e-mail inquiries from internal and external customers.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or required.
- None. May provide guidance to junior staff members.
- High School Diploma
- 2-4 years of related work experience.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Excel
High School DiplomaTravel
Not applicableBusiness Category
Global Technology & Operations : Global OperationsNumber of Openings
MetLife is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is MetLife's policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Note to Mobile Users: If viewing on a mobile device and would like to apply, please email the job to yourself and complete the application from a desktop/laptop. Note to Desktop/Laptop Users: For immediate consideration, click Apply Now button below. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile which takes 15 - 20 minutes to complete. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job.
A little about us:
MetLife offers life insurance, disability income insurance, car insurance, employee benefits and more.