Under general direction, troubleshoots and monitors fire, security and building automation alarms from a remote center. Follows protocols to escalate alarm events to appropriate dispatch or emergency resource. Ensures high levels of customer satisfaction throughout interactions with the customer.
1. Troubleshoots and monitors mechanical and air handling systems through remote devises. Responds to alarms per department procedures and protocols. Escalates alarm events to appropriate dispatch or emergency resource.
2. Tracks fire and burglar alarm events utilizing specialized software and remote monitoring equipment. Escalates alarm events to appropriate dispatch or emergency resource.
3. Performs complex remote system interrogations to ensure proper equipment functioning. Performs coding adjustments as needed. Escalates issues per department protocols.
4. Creates, reviews and revises schedules for security, lighting or mechanical equipment per account specifications. Interprets sequence of operations.
5. Documents events thoroughly utilizing appropriate software and system tools. Maintains customer site logs.
6. Performs changes to systems in accordance with customer requests.
7. Opens and closes service tickets as required to appropriately bill the customer. Ensures documentation is complete and understandable.
8. Ensures open issues are properly communicated at shift transfer.
9. Performs other duties as assigned.
Two year technical degree in HVAC or related discipline highly desired. High school diploma or equivalent education plus three or more years experience with HVAC and mechanical systems required. Possesses analytical and troubleshooting skills. Requires attention to detail and ability to work independently. Demonstrates proficient oral and written communication skills. Demonstrates customer service orientation. Able to fulfill various security and background check obligations as required for customer contracts or local licensure.
A little about us:
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and industrial leader serving customers in more than 150 countries.