Under general direction, troubleshoots mechanical, fire, security and various building automation alarms from a remote center. Follows protocols to escalate alarm events to appropriate dispatch or emergency resource. Ensures high levels of customer satisfaction throughout interactions with the customer.
1. Utilizing remote technology, troubleshoots and commissions mechanical systems (eg chillers, air handling and boilers) and fire and security systems.
2. Remotely performs start up programming on various Building Automation systems per account specifications. Tracks and documents start up for customer logs and per department protocols.
3. Performs system point validations.
4. Tests fire and burglar alarm sequencing utilizing specialized software and remote monitoring equipment.
5. Performs complex remote system interrogations to ensure proper equipment functioning. Performs coding adjustments as needed. Escalates issues per department protocols.
6. Creates, reviews, and revises schedules for security, lighting or mechanical equipment per account specifications. Interprets sequence of operations.
7. Documents events thoroughly utilizing appropriate software and system tools. Maintains customer site logs.
8. Performs changes to systems in accordance with customer requests.
9. Opens and closes service tickets as required to appropriately bill the customer. Ensures documentation is complete and understandable.
10. Ensures open issues are properly communicated at shift transfer.
11. Performs other duties as assigned.
Two year technical degree in HVAC or related discipline plus three or more years experience with remote diagnostics of HVAC and mechanical systems required. Possesses advanced troubleshooting skills and basic programming skills. Johnson Controls product knowledge highly desired. Demonstrates proficient oral and written communication skills. Demonstrates customer service orientation. Able to fulfill various security and background check obligations as required for customer contracts or local licensure.
A little about us:
We’re shaping the future. Together, let’s make a world that’s safe, comfortable and sustainable. Tomorrow needs you.