McKesson is in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. McKesson Business Performance Services (BPS) is a leader in physician and hospital revenue cycle management, physician electronic health record and practice management system technology, and strategic consulting services. BPS offerings are uniquely designed to help physician groups, hospitals and health systems, accountable care organizations, labs, and emergency medical service providers improve efficiency and grow revenues while staying current with the latest regulatory requirements.
We understand the importance of a system that works together. Your expertise, drive and passion can help us carry out our mission to improve lives and advance healthcare.
Join our team of leaders to begin a rewarding career.
Analyze medical record/documentation and compare to hospital specific protocols and practices and/or industry and department standards.
· Ensure accuracy of chart audits through acquired knowledge of customer payor mix financial classes, and reimbursement rates.Obtain all documents required in the performance of a chart audit review
Meet and exceed revenue requirements at assigned facility based on documented productivity standards.
· Assist in optimizing revenue goals within the division.Meeting set productivity standards set in individual performance document.
Complete internal/external audit process of results.
· Ensure audits are completed timely and accurately for reporting.Work submitted through internal program/client internal process if applicable.
Support communication stream between account manager and client
· Establish and maintain positive working relationships with both internal and external clients. Observe and report opportunities for new business and ensure client concerns and requests are reported to upper management in a timely manner.Ensure all communications are responded to in a timely manner internally.
Perform internal set responsibilities
· Ensure all month end responsibilities are met, e.g. Work Force Central (WFC), Paid Time Off (PTO), Billable hours.Utilize internal program for data processing, correct use of WFC, submit PTO request timely, and ensure monthend work and hours are complete and accurate.
· 3-5 years experience in Medical Record Charge Audit or commensurate experience
· Prefer clinical certification such as RN, LV/PN, RT, CPhT, LPTA
· Must be proficient in most Microsoft Word and Excel
· Must be able to read and interpret electronic and manual documentation generated by healthcare professionals
Environment (Office, warehouse, etc.) – Remote
Physical Requirements (Lifting, standing, etc.) – sitting-up to 8 hours a day
Keyboard- up to 8 hours a day
Lifting-minimal 25 lbs