GE Renewable Energy
Renewable Energy Information Technology
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE Renewable Energy is one of the world's leading suppliers of power generation and energy delivery technologies, with 2015 revenue of more than $10 billion. Based in Schenectady, NY, GE works in all areas of the Renewables Energy industry including hydro, wind and solar. With wind turbine design, manufacturing and assembly facilities in Germany, Spain, China, Canada and the United States, GE Renewables Energy is among the leading providers of clean energy.GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Posted Position Title
Renewable Energy - Backend Software Developer
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available United States
U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces
The Back-end Developer will be responsible for designing, developing and testing software to create solutions and services tailored to the needs of the business and external customers. Requires developed and strong foundation of function skills and knowledge of relevant technologies. You will be a member of an integrated squad working together to deliver successful outcomes on the GE Predix platform.
* Responsible for defining, developing, and evolving software in a fast paced and agile development environment using the latest software development methods and infrastructure.
* Support impact assessment and decision related to technology choices, design /architectural considerations and implementation strategy.
* Expert level skills in Java development, with an ability to take a deep dive in the implementation aspects.
* Expert in core data structures as well as algorithms and has the ability to implement them using language of choice when necessary.
* Collaborate with system engineers, data scientists, frontend developers and software developers to implement solutions that are aligned with and extend shared platforms and solutions.
* Apply principles of SDLC and methodologies like Lean / Agile / XP, CI, Software and Product Security, Scalability, Documentation Practices, refactoring and Testing Techniques.
* Write code that meets standards and delivers desired functionality aligned with GE standards and guidelines.
* Bachelor's Degree in Information Systems (IS), Information Technology (IT), Computer Science or Engineering (OR High School Diploma / GED with a minimum of 4 years of IS, IT, or Computer Science).
* Minimum of 3 years of experience in IT software development.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
* Minimum of 1 year of experience on the following technology stack - Java, J2EE, Spring Framework, MVC, App server Knowledge (Tomcat,JBoss), OSGi, SOAP/REST webservices.
* Excellent knowledge with development tools and integrated build systems: Eclipse IDE, Jenkins/Hudson, Maven - Software development cycle and automated testing experience (TDD/BDD).
* Minimum of 3 years of experience with Java.
* Experience with NodeJS.
* Minimum of 1 year of experience with NOSQL databases and Rational databases (Oracle, MySQL, etc...).
* Minimum of 3 years of experience in developing REST APIs and writing unit tests.
* Minimum of 2 years of experience using a CI system to automate builds.
* Understanding of HTTP and Network Layer overhead and latency.
* Understanding of how to optimize service data for size or speed.
* Working knowledge in configuration management tools such as CVS/SVN/ClearCase/Git/Perforce.
* Strong Debugging and Troubleshooting Expertise.
* Previous experience with the GE Software Center of Excellence Predix platform.
* Lean/Six Sigma Certification.
* Experience working in an Agile software development environment.
* Previous experience with Cloud Foundry/PaaS.
* Experience with C#, NewRelic, Logstash, Postgres, Lua, GOLang, CQRS.
* Understanding of Delay Tolerant Networking (DTN).
* Demonstrated ability to work effectively across functions in a matrix environment.
* Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to diplomatically advocate for the appropriate support staffing levels.
Ideal candidate will also have experience presenting effectively to non-technical and executive audiences.
* Strong analytical skills - strong problem solving skills, communicates in a clear and succinct manner and effectively evaluates information / data to make decisions; anticipates obstacles and develops plans to resolve.
* Resourceful and quick learner; able to efficiently seek out, learn, & apply new areas of expertise as needed.
* Highly self-motivated, able to work independently.
A little about us:
GE imagination at work.