GE Renewable Energy
Renewable Energy OnShore Wind
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Posted Position Title
Renewable Energy Digital Commercial Leader
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available United States
U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces
The Renewable Energy Digital Commercial Leader will help drive growth and penetration of software solutions across Wind, Hydro, Solar and other Renewable forms of generation. This individual will be responsible to create and implement commercial documentation and processes for the new Renewable Energy Digital Commercial organization. In addition, they will also be responsible to generate, negotiate, and drive to closure commercial proposals by working directly with our customers.
* Define, build and implement a robust, software solutions internal operating rhythm aimed at driving clarity and regularity across the SW Solutions organization
* Develop and drive execution of optimized strategies to secure profitable business for the highly competitive Renewable Energy Digital business segment
* Team with counterparts in field sales, and interface directly with Customers, on all transactions, solutions, enterprise offerings, estimates and formal offerings during opportunity development through the complete inquiry / sales / commitment management process including Customer requests to re-profile existing commitments and orders
* Mobilize and lead multifunctional GE Renewable Energy Digital team to execute the transaction strategy (engineering, manufacturing, finance, contracts, project management, legal, partner, etc.), negotiate and close contracts
* Become principal owner and driver of transaction details related to all technical, financial, and commercial aspects to support strategy development, execution and risk management processes
* Develop and become proficient with use of financial and technical tools associated with above responsibilities
* Participate in Quality initiatives within Renewables business segment to drive process rigor, Net Promoter Score (NPS) and other improvements to the overall Inquiry-to-Order (ITO) process
* Support achievement of Commercial Team metrics including but not limited to commitments, orders, convertible orders and margins for Renewable Energy Digital
* Develop templates for standard offerings and engineered offerings including profitability summaries, scope of work documentation, cost models, value calculators and other required documentation
* Help set up a simplified and efficient risk review process for digital including architecture review board, key stake holders approvals, risk analysis matrix, escalations protocol and any other needed processes to comply with Policy 6.0 or other GE commercial standards
* Lead pricing strategy across renewable energy digital and develop tools to assist the sale team and drive an efficient commercial process
* Identify new commercial models and go to market strategies for Renewable Digital solutions
* Keep abreast of external stakeholder strategies, goals, objectives and activities to ensure SW Solutions is aligned with all parties in pursuit of market growth and success
* Ensure that all activities and operations are performed in compliance with state, federal and global regulations and laws governing business operations
* Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering, Business, Computer Science or equivalent
* Minimum of 5 years of experience in Marketing, Sales, Customer Service or equivalent experience associated with gas / steam turbine / power plant, hydro, wind power products/services, or software industry
* Minimum of 2 years of experience with reviewing customer specifications, proposal development, contract development and direct negotiations for equipment and/ or services sales and consortium agreements
* Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job.
* Ability and willingness to travel approximately 50%
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
* MBA Degree
* Six Sigma training
* Certified Green Belt preferred (GE Employees Only)
* High motivation level; self-starter with strong leadership and negotiation skills
* Ability to management multiple transactions and priorities simultaneously
* Ability to perform effectively in a non-hierarchical, team-type environment
A little about us:
GE imagination at work.