Summary of role: With deep knowledge of Oracle processes and systems, and expertise in customer relationship management, the Renewal Representative supports the Customer Success Manager with commercial management activities to ensure the timely renewal of OMC contracts with existing customers. The Renewal Representative has expert knowledge of the renewal process at Oracle and can educate and deftly guide customers throughout the process, thereby delivering an excellent customer experience while effectively executing renewal plans.
You combine strong technical skills with essential skills such as negotiation, influence, strategic planning and organizational awareness to execute on your goals. Working in partnership with Customer Success Managers, you are an effective professional capable of developing and managing customer relationships while optimizing renewal revenue.
Primary Responsibilities: As part of the Customer Success team, the Renewal Representative plays a key role in supporting the account renewal process. You are engaged in all elements of the renewal process, from planning, executing, managing and administering renewals. You work with other functional teams to manage exceptions, facilitate commercial terms, troubleshoot issues and maintain accurate renewal data. Aside from the teamwork and cross-functional collaboration required for this role, you have the discipline and drive to work independently to ensure that renewals are on track.
• The primary responsibilities of this role include: Working with Customer Success Managers to develop renewal and close plans
• Forecasting renewals
• Educating customers on the renewal process
• Coordinating resources needed to execute against renewal plans
• Identifying cross-sell and up-sell opportunities
• Managing renewal exceptions
• Submitting orders and bookings
• Managing upsell and cross-sell opportunities
• Managing and monitoring the contracting process
• Working with Customer Success Managers to coordinate products and services that match customer needs
• Excellent negotiation skills
• Strong writing and coordination skills
• Ability to influence and persuade
• Excellent speaking and presentation skills
• Strong strategic and analytical thinking skills
• Solid collaboration skills and teamwork ability
Drive the renewal of Oracle*s contracts to existing customers.
Responsible for timely renewals for small to medium-sized customers in assigned territory. Educate customers on business practices and any associated contractual implications. Ensure customer awareness and understanding of applicable elements of Oracle*s portfolio. Meet productivity expectations on outbound calls for renewals. Manage exceptions for customers with issues that may delay or inhibit renewals. Identify and transfer leads to sales representatives for top-tier opportunities. Accurately forecast business targets and opportunities in territory.
2-5 years experience in sales or related area. Duties and tasks are standard with some variation. Completes own role largely independently within defined policies and procedures.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
A little about us:
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.