Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Responsible for full processing and researching of invoices, returns,
and credits on a intermediate-to-complex level. Maintains records and
analyzes collections. Updates and summarizes receivables. Fulfills
requests from collections, vendors, customers, etc. for invoices or
shipping verification. Has developed specialized knowledge/skills in own
area. May act as a resource for colleagues with less experience.
- Reconciles daily, weekly, and monthly deposits.
- Reconciles daily batch reports detailing all Accounts Receivable (A/R)
payments and adjustments, and files back-up justifications.
- Makes the appropriate recommendations to hold or transfer
inappropriate or misapplied funds and/or refunds.
- Verifies lobby receipts to the sequence and total used within each
- Conducts timely research of delayed payment requests relative to
lockbox exceptions, misapplied payments, and pay station exceptions.
- Creates and updates financial and collections reports.
- Researches and prepares reports for departmental and field leadership
to identify and resolve aged active accounts.
- Works with all levels within Cash Management, Accounting, and Finance
department to ensure accurate accounting of Accounts Receivables.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work
nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and overtime as necessary.
- Creates, maintains, and audits region's courtesy, office/test, and employee accounts.
- Reviews and analyzes all customer billing inquiries referred by our interdependent organizations including: CAEs, Call Center Leadership, or Xfinity Store, or Field
Service via a web-based peer-to-peer chat tool.
- Functions as a resource to any regional group requiring final and definitive clarification and explanation of subscriber account status (disputed charges, adjustments, equipment discrepancies, misapplied payments and history).
- Provides support to Executive Customer Care, Government Affairs, and Legal regarding escalated customer billing issues. Uses billing systems, archived work orders, online databases, and customer records for research.
- Works as a fix agent to resolve customer escalations via ticket, email, or peer-to-peer chat. Makes customer contact via telephone to collect additional information and/or to close the escalation.
- Proven track record of making sound decisions with minimal supervision required.
- Previous customer service experience preferred.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- High School or Equivalent
- Generally requires 5-7 years related experience
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer